1Password Families / Teams login filling issues (Mac)

Options
ryansebiz
ryansebiz
Community Member
edited June 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

Steps to reproduce:

• Open Safari 9.1
  • Go to mydomain.1password.com
  • Sign in
  • Sign out
  • Try to sign in again using the 1Password browser extension
  • It will fill in Email
  • The Account Key is pre-filled
  • The Master Password will not be filled and remains blank

I've tried deleting my 1Password Families entry and recreating a new one after signing in. I also created a custom "Master Password" field in 1Password with my master password. However, the issue above persists.

Can you please take a look at adding support for the Families' "Master Password" in 1Password?

1Password Version: 6.2
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    Options

Same for Opera

• Kinny
    Kinny
    Community Member
    Options

Having a similar problem in Safari for El Capitan (most current) and Technology Preview versions — but with the Account Key field instead.

I’ve also tried deleting the 1Password entry, and let it create a new one. Still no dice.

FWIW, I am using the latest version of the 1Password Beta (6.3b4). Would this have anything to do with it?

Thanks! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kinny, @rr0ss0rr, @ryansebiz: Sorry for the trouble! I've been testing it across all browsers on both OS X and Windows, and it seems to be limited to OS X for some reason. Beyond that it isn't yet clear what the cause is, but it seems to be related to the app itself for some reason. Thanks for bringing this up. It's definitely not working as designed. We'll get this sorted out!

• Kinny
    Kinny
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Has there been any development with regards to this issue? I just dropped a note in another thread with people discussing this problem, and it seems to have gone a bit cold.

The latest 1PW beta still doesn’t fill in the account key when I’m at the 1PW-dot-com login page.

There was some mention about how for Private Browsing users, this would not work. If so, what would be the justification for this move?

Cheers!

• Jacob
    Options

@Kinny This is actually about the Master Password not filling, and the other thread you're referring to is about the Account Key. I just tested filling the Master Password and it worked as expected, whether I was using private/incognito mode or not. Are you still having this issue?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kinny: Thanks for your patience! Since this is clearly an issue with filling using 1Password for Mac, I've moved this discussion to the browser filling category of the forums so our extension team can take a closer look at this.

I think penderworth's success filling the Master Password may be due to a peculiarity of this issue, which we've been able to narrow it down to:

• If no fields are filled, email address and Master Password fill properly, but Account Key does not — which I think was the method penderworth was using.
    • If email and Account Key are saved from a previous login session, the Master Password does not fill — which seems to be where you're having the issue.
    • This behaviour is the same in Safari, Chrome, and Firefox with both the stable and beta versions of 1Password for Mac and the extensions, even after saving a new login.
    • 1Password for Windows is not affected.

We'll get this fixed. Thanks for your patience! :)

ref: BRAIN-272

• Kinny
    Kinny
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty @penderworth

Thanks for the response, guys!

Right now, what’s not filling is the Account Key only, and have responded to @penderworth’s notes on the matter and understand the current situation.

Master password isn’t a problem.

FYI, am on the latest beta for the Mac (631006).

Cheers! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kinny: Thanks for getting back to me!

So, just to be absolutely clear, this is the issue your experiencing:

1. All 3 fields are empty
    2. You invoke 1Password extension to fill
    3. Email address and Master Password fill properly, but Account Key does not

Is that correct?

Also, while it shouldn't make a difference for this case, it sounds like you're actually on the current stable version of 1Password for Mac, not the 6.5 beta. That's fine, but I thought I should mention it in case you'd prefer to get back into the beta. Cheers! :)

• Kinny
    Kinny
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty:

Need to add a point 4: While using Private Browsing mode in Safari (@​penderworth is aware of my use-case, but I failed to mention it before in my last correspondence to you — apologies).

As for “not the 6.5 beta”, I had a moment of “WTF?” and checked.

Seems that my “Include beta builds” option wasn’t ticked somehow, and I am pretty sure that I had not unticked this (plays Twilight Zone tune).

Anyway, I just recalled a problem that I had with 6.5 Stable — at times, the master password input screen would be a bit laggy. But after the password is accepted and file unlocked, everything seems to return back to normal.

Had this occur to me several times already. Didn’t find it a bother, hence I never really made any mention of it — until now (since we are talking! ;))

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Need to add a point 4: While using Private Browsing mode in Safari (@​penderworth is aware of my use-case, but I failed to mention it before in my last correspondence to you — apologies).

@Kinny: I'm not sure I understand. It sounds like maybe you didn't finish your thought here. "While using Private Browsing mode in Safari" does it behave differently than I described? As far as I can tell, it's identical to #1: "All 3 fields are empty" because no session information is retained in Private Browsing mode, including cookies and local storage. After that, it follows that the Account Key does not fill.

As for the Master Password issue in the app, definitely create a new discussion for that in the 1Password for Mac (or Mac beta, depending on which version you're using now) category if you're still having trouble with this. Be sure to @ -mention me and include as much detail as you can so we can figure out what's going on there! :)

• Kinny
    Kinny
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty:

That was my complete thought.

It is to my understanding that, in Private Browsing mode, the behaviour of this may have been different — hence why I raised the point.

I’ve never tried it in normal browsing mode, because I never use that anymore… ;)

With regards to the laggy Master Password, I’ll be observing this with the latest beta. If it does happen, I’ll be sure to follow this up in the appropriate discussion.

Thanks again! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That was my complete thought.
    It is to my understanding that, in Private Browsing mode, the behaviour of this may have been different — hence why I raised the point.
    I’ve never tried it in normal browsing mode, because I never use that anymore… ;)

Ahaaa. That makes perfect sense! It sounds like you're seeing what I'm seeing. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything here.

With regards to the laggy Master Password, I’ll be observing this with the latest beta. If it does happen, I’ll be sure to follow this up in the appropriate discussion. Thanks again! :)

Likewise! We're here if you need us! :)

This discussion has been closed.