Suggestion - Expiry Date

Options

I am switching from KeePass to 1Password.
1Password is much better and more professional!

In KeePass every entry has an expiry date.
Entries that are expired have a separate icon (a red X) instead of the original icon and expired entries can't be used for logging me in websites.

I keePass I have about 40-50 expired entries:

• Expired Software Licenses (for example: one Sync application sold 1-Year licenses only and I have some of them)
  • Web services that will close on a specified date in the future (after this date they are expired)
  • Login data for Software I am testing (some access is limited to a specified date)

What about to add such an expiry date in 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016
    Options

I am switching from KeePass to 1Password.
    1Password is much better and more professional!

@OLLI_S: Wow! Thank you! I think it's really great that there are free options (and also commercial competition), but we definitely strive to make 1Password polished and pleasant to use. :chuffed:

I wonder if this "expiry" discussion should be merged with your other one on "password change reminders". Let me know what you think. It seems like a broader discussion could include both.

You bring up some interesting points about software licenses, web services, and testing though. It's certainly something we can consider for a future version.

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty
    I would not merge these two discussions.
    If there are two suggestions in one discussion then the discussion will be larger and when you read an reply it might be hard to determine what suggestion is answered here (if you have answers like "I like that too").
    So keeping it in two separate topics is better in my opinion.

I sill have some suggestions on my list (paper).
    And I still try out 1Password (did not buy a license yet).

• MikeT
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @OLLI_S,

Date-based type of features are something we want to add to 1Password in the future but it is not something that is high on our list right now.

You can do something like this now by creating a date-tag to the item and review the tags when you get closer to them.

This discussion has been closed.