Weird outline of application after unlocking.

Options
124»

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@tgdavies,

I'm glad that that remedied the situation for you, at least temporarily.

Unfortunately, I have Photos.app always running, so I don't think its a cure all for everyone.

Rudy

• thinbits
    thinbits
    Community Member
    Options

I was having this problem today as well. 1P6 would come up with just the window shadow and nothing else (though appeared to be running correctly). Following the thread, I also noted that launching Keynote had the same problem.

I don't use Photos (still stuck on Aperture), but when I launched Photos, it would crash every time. Crash log is complaining about an invalid pixel format with an OpenGL device from the PhotoApps framework, which might be related to windows not drawing.

Rebooting solved the problem.

Don't know 1P6 uses OpenGL for anything, but thought I'd pass that along in case it helps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@thinbits: Thanks so much! I know Rudy will appreciate that. I don't want us to get our hopes up, but every data point helps! :sunglasses: /cc @rudy

ref: OPM-3957

• rudy
    Options

@thinbits,

Are you using a Retina MacBook Pro? with an external display connected?

Rudy

• thinbits
    thinbits
    Community Member
    Options

Retina MBP, just the internal display

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @thinbits! I'll make sure @rudy sees that you replied. :)

• rudy
    Options

Thanks @thinbits!

there anyone on this thread seeing this issue on anything other than a Retina MacBook Pro?

@ataylor, @TDM68, @SR22pilot, @gekswa, @sciart, @BenNeivert, @brycock, @tgdavies

Rudy

• chasbond
    chasbond
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

When I launch Onepassword it's fine, but when I then enter my password the window goes completely transparent and I can't see anything. This happens no matter what browser I had been using when I launched Onepassword.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
    Sync Type: iCloud
    Referrer: forum-search:Onepassword window goes totally transparent.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@chasbond I have merged your post with a long existing thread which appears to relate to the same problem.

Stephen

• jolipoli
    jolipoli
    Community Member
    Options

This may be helpful. As TDM68 mentions in their post, I have a similar issue with Keynote- I do not have it with 1Password. The Keynote issue does not include the border around the window, but it does show the app open and no window visible for some documents. When I do the 4 finger down-swipe on my trackpad for App Exposé, I show the document title, but no document visible. Some documents work just fine, but others refuse to be seen until I switch to presentation mode, but then are invisible and inaccessible again when exiting from presentation mode.

What I've found is that somehow some documents have become "un-zoomed", as when I go to Window in the Menu Bar and select Zoom, the document pops up. Sometimes I can re-save it so it is properly visible the next time, but some documents seem to always require the Zoom.

I realize this may be unrelated, but also may actually be related as some sort of a weird OS X saved window state issue that can occur in various apps. Does selecting Zoom in the Window menu results in 1Password becoming visible again?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chasbond,

I'm sorry you're also running into this strange problem with the 1Password window! Our developers have been trying to figure this out, but I don't believe we've reproduced the problem on our own Macs, so it has been difficult to tell why it's happening.

If you have the chance to look through some previous comments in this thread, you'll see some questions from rudy, who is trying to figure out if there's a common setup between customers who are experiencing this issue (i.e. questions about certain settings, software, Mac model, external displays, etc). If you don't mind, please let us know about those questions, as it might be helpful for us. (And by the way, if you haven't already done so, you should try rebooting your Mac as that seems to help, at least temporarily.)

Thanks, and looking forward to hearing back from you! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jolipoli, thank you so much for taking the time to post your similar experience in Keynote and share your suggestion of selecting the 'Zoom' option! Indeed, a few other customers have reported seeing the same or similar problem happen in other apps, so it doesn't seem to be specific to 1Password. I don't know for sure if what you're seeing with Keynote is the exact same issue, but I'll make sure to pass your information along to @rudy (who has been looking into this).

To anyone reading this who has been running into the outline/transparent window problem in 1Password, does choosing the 'Zoom' option from the Window menu seem to help or make any difference?

• cjam
    cjam
    Community Member
    Options

@Drew_AG the zoom test didn't make any difference for me. This is an ongoing problem for me across several Macs :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016
    Options

@cjam: Hmm. There must be a common element between your various Macs. And don't say 1Password, because if that was it, I'd be having the same problem. ;)

Are you experiencing this on every Mac you use? Perhaps if there's one that's unaffected there's something missing there which is uninstalled on the others. Let me know what you find!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know, @cjam! And sorry to hear you're running into this problem on your Macs. Apparently this issue isn't specific to 1Password as it's been reported to happen with many other apps as well. So unfortunately it's not something we can fix from our end - it could be an OS X issue, in which case Apple would need to address this.

I haven't seen reports of this problem for a while now, so if you haven't already done so, you should make sure you've installed the latest OS X updates on your Macs in case one of those updates fixed this. If there are any pending updates for your Mac, we'll be interested to know if the problem still happens once you've installed them. Thanks! :)

ref: OPM-3957

• cjam
    cjam
    Community Member
    Options

They're all fully updated. I should add that it works fine on an old 11" Macbook Air. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ I'll keep using the iOS version for now on my Macbook Pros.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cjam,

I should have mentioned that restarting your Mac should clear up the problem, at least temporarily. It's not an ideal workaround, but other customers in this thread have reported that 1Password (and/or other apps experiencing the same problem) appear correctly after rebooting.

Sorry I don't have a better suggestion or answer for you! Our developers filed a bug report with Apple a couple months ago, although I don't know where that stands. Hopefully they'll be able to solve this by the time Sierra is released, if not before then. :)

• ryal001
    ryal001
    Community Member
    Options

I had this problem a while ago and it just came back today. I haven't seen it in any other programs.

1Password 6
    Version 6.3.2 (632001)
    AgileBits Store

MacBook Air 11 inch mid-2013
    OS X 10.11.6
    No external monitor

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ryal001,

Sorry to hear you also ran into this odd problem! In case you haven't read through other posts in this discussion: Our developers have looked into this issue, but weren't able to find anything in 1Password that would cause this to happen. Some customers who reported this also noticed the same thing happen in some other apps. Therefore it might be an issue with the operating system (and if so, it's something Apple would need to address). Rebooting your Mac should help get the window to appear correctly.

Out of curiosity, are you planning to upgrade your Mac to Sierra in the near future? If you do, we'd be interested to hear if the problem still happens. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.