Can't drop app on icon image field in 6.3.3 to set entry icon

Options
dnedrow
dnedrow
Community Member

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or a change in behavior, but I can no longer set icons when editing an entry. I used to simply drop the app on the icon field and the icon would get picked up and used. Now, however, whenever I try to drag an app to the icon field, 1Password want to add the dropped item as a "linked document".

How do I edit the icon image for a software item?

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:drop application icon

Comments

• dnedrow
    dnedrow
    Community Member
    Options

Ahh, never mind. Looks like a double-click on the image placeholder brings up a dialog for setting the icon.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dnedrow,

Thanks for contacting us about this, and I'm sorry for the confusion!

When using a 1Password account, dragging a file to an item in the 1Password app will add the file as a Document item and put a link to it in the 'Related Items' section (this is how file attachments are handled in a 1Password account). So if you're trying to add a custom icon to that item by dragging a file, you'll need to first double-click the icon field to bring up the editor (as you discovered).

Sorry again for the confusion about that, but I'm glad you were able to figure it out! If you have more questions or need help with something else, please let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.