Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@CoDeX: We don't have a date to announce, but it seems like we're getting closer, doesn't it? :chuffed:

• nhDOBsfc
    nhDOBsfc
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 6 for Windows Desktop is definitely usable now, and highly so now that automatic-save of new-login creation is working pretty well in most cases.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nhDOBsfc: I'm glad to hear that 1Password 6 is finding a place in your workflow! Coming from the perspective of using nearly every build so far, it's really kind of staggering to see the difference. But our work is not nearly done, and the best is still yet to come! :chuffed:

• Hi @nhDOBsfc,

You said working pretty well in most cases, please do let us know any cases where it didn't work. We're tracking down an issue we're seeing where auto-saving may trigger a crash but unfortunately, we can't find the cause behind it yet. We need to know the site that can cause it to fail, so if you've seen it, please let us know.

• nhDOBsfc
    nhDOBsfc
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

@MikeT, regarding where you wrote: "You said working pretty well in most cases, please do let us know any cases where it didn't work. "

Save is not working well when I want to add fields like @Pilar explains here and illustrates here, because that feature doesn't seem to be in 1P6 for Windows Desktop (1P6WD) yet.

Save is not working well when I want to "force" 1P6WD to create a new login for a DomainName for which I already have a login. I have a lot of username/passwords that have been created manually over the years, and I want to "force" 1P6WD to use its algorithms to find me a better landing-point-URL for my login. As you know, many www-dot-DomainName-dot-com sites create psudorandom URLs for you to use after you hit the login-button. Sometimes I can manually come up with a good landing-point-URL and sometimes I can't. Sometimes 1P6WD does better than I at finding a landing-point-URL for my login than I, but if I already have a login the the root URL, there is no way to "force" 1P6WD to try.

That's about it.

• Hi @nhDOBsfc,

Thanks, these aren't the intended use cases for autosave. What you're looking for is Manual Login Save, which is coming soon. Manual Save, a separate option in 1Password mini you must manually invoke, will allow you to force the 1Password mini to save what's on the site regardless of existing data and you can choose to replace an existing item as well.

Regarding with your security questions/answers, we will add the ability to create custom sections and fields in the near future. Hopefully, we can also implement an item editor inside the 1Password mini, so you can keep 1Password mini on top of the site as you create random question/answers to copy.

This discussion has been closed.