Copy button in password generator does not work in extension / mini

Options
rfog
rfog
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I've generated a password with the generator inside Chrome plugin and then clicked on Copy but it didn't copied the password. I had to manually select it and copy with keyboard shortcut.

BTW, seems 1Password is not able to capture new/changed passwords in Chrome.

1Password Version: 6.1.286d
Extension Version: 6.1.286d
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rfog,

Thanks for reporting these issues.

BTW, seems 1Password is not able to capture new/changed passwords in Chrome.

This is a known issue in 1Password 6, it does not yet have support for updating Logins. It can only save new Login items but not for updating existing passwords. This is top on our list to implement soon.

I've generated a password with the generator inside Chrome plugin and then clicked on Copy but it didn't copied the password. I

I'm not able to reproduce this yet. Can you tell me if you use any clipboard manager on your system that may be preventing 1Password from using the clipboard?

Also, what happens if you do this:

1. Go to the desktop, don't do this in front of Chrome
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon to select Password Generator
    3. Click on Copy, open NotePad and paste it. Try both: Control + V and right-click to paste.
  • rfog
    rfog
    Community Member
    Options

Hi!

Sorry I removed 1password 6 and reinstalled 4 because 6 version does not allow modify current passwords.

However, my system is "clean". Windows 10 PRO full updated, Chrome and Firefox updated to last version and no "strange" programs related to keyboard/mouse hooks. The only "strange" thing I have installed is Visual Studio 2015 and Visual Studio Code, as I'm developer too.

Chrome and Firefox extensions: Instapaper official extension and same for Evernote Web Clipper. And Google Docs that come with Chrome as standard.

• Hi @rfog,

So, it's an issue with 1Password 4. Are you pressing the Copy button under the password field? Pressing OK on the bottom doesn't copy the password to the clipboard. I did try this with the same instruction I've mentioned in the last post and it works.

• rfog
    rfog
    Community Member
    Options

No, no, sorry. Issue was with 1Password 6.

Sorry to be so dumb, my English is not good.

• MikeT
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @rfog,

Don't apologize, your English is fine, it's our fault for having more than one active Windows program right now. Hopefully, it won't be long before we have one single solution for all Windows users.

I assume you wrote the original post back when you were still using 1Password 6 but you've switched back to 1Password 4 because you needed the local vault editing support.

For now, can you confirm everything looks good with 1Password 4, there's no issue with copying password there? If it is an external issue, the same issue might happen in 1Password 4.

• rfog
    rfog
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

I can confirm that does not happens in 1Password 4 from Chrome. Just verified.

BTW, I don't know what kind of app is your 6 version. It seems a Windows Store one encapsulated as native, or perhaps XAML + C#. I don't do much XAML/C# because I'm a C++ guy doing some embedded systems, but I had some pain experiences with events in .NET Framework when Windows Phone and Windows 8 started to do "new" way apps. Sometimes Visual Studio (or whatever) broke the event connection with the visual control. You simply found that event is not being fired anymore and saw that connection was "magically" removed!!! Or even worse! Event was connected but not fired when the button was pushed (seen with the debugger)... However I think those problems have been resolved. But it is Microsoft! I remember Visual Studio bugs regressions version over version!!!

• Hi @rfog,

That's great, thanks for confirming it.

The desktop version is a .NET 4.6.x (or almost getting to .NET Core) app built in C#, using WPF and so on. We have a UWP app in the Windows 10 Store that we will update soon as we continue to reuse code between both versions.

However I think those problems have been resolved. But it is Microsoft! I remember Visual Studio bugs regressions version over version!!!

:chuffed: Don't get us started, especially when fixes are often postponed to months after instead of fixing it sooner.

• SecureInCali
    SecureInCali
    Community Member
    Options

The copy button doesn't seem to work when passwords are generated via the web extension.

1Password Version: 6.1.296d
    Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
    OS Version: Windows 10 Anniversary Edition
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• SecureInCali
    SecureInCali
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem of the copy button not working with 1Password 6. I use Chrome with the 1Password extension. 1Password 6 is v6.1.296d the extension is 4.6.2-90, Chrome is 54.0.2840.71 m (64-bit), Windows is Windows 10 Anniversary Edition.

• SecureInCali
    SecureInCali
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, just found that this is a duplicate . You can respond there.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SecureInCali: No worries! I've merged your comments here.

Like Mike, I'm not able to reproduce this issue using the same versions of the 1Password app and extension, on Windows 10. However, you appear to be slightly behind on Chrome.

But I'm not sure that any of this is relevant. Since you mentioned you're syncing using Dropbox, I think you may be using a local vault and not a 1Password Account. I suspect the original poster was too, since they switched to 1Password 4. Is that the case? If so, 1Password 6 does not support those yet. So you'll need to use 1Password 4 as well. 1Password 6 is only needed for the subscription service, and it will be impossible to save passwords (or make other changes) to the local vault there. Please let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.