Having trouble putting 1pw on new macbook pro. I have a license and use dropbox.

Options
jerry8989
jerry8989
Community Member

Trying, now for way too long, to add 1PW to my new MacBook pro. 1PW 6 newly downloaded from your website. I have a license which I've clicked to apply. I am asked to scan in details but can't find the code. I'm prompted to go to settings>!PW accounts on my IPad but there is no 1PW accounts listing under settings. Help please.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS10.12
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Having trouble putting 1pw on new macbook pro. I have a license and use dropbox. I've tried signing into my account but can't locate "acct details"to scan

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jerry8989,

I'm sorry you're having difficulty setting up 1Password on a new Mac!

It sounds like you chose the option to sign into a 1Password.com account, which is a subscription service we started offering this year. But you said you have a license for the 1Password app, which is different than an account. If you haven't signed up for an account on 1Password.com, you just need to go back and choose a different option from the "welcome screen" in the 1Password app (if you sync your 1Password data via Dropbox, choose the "Find your data" option).

If you're curious about the difference between a 1Password account and a 1Password license, we explain more about that here: The difference between a 1Password subscription and a standalone license

Does that help? Let us know how it goes and if you have more questions about that. Cheers! :)

• jerry8989
    jerry8989
    Community Member
    Options

Drew, With your help, I got right in. Thanks, Jerry

• ag_TJLuoma
    ag_TJLuoma
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jerry8989

Great! I'm glad to hear that it's working!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do.

This discussion has been closed.