Three-field login not working (American Airlines)

Options
Jassword
Jassword
Community Member
edited January 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

The field-smartness of the browser extension ought to be able to handle sites requiring more than 2 fields to login, right? But I don't see this working at the American Airlines loyalty login page:
https://www.aa.com/loyalty/login

It requires my AAdvantage #, Last Name and Password. The 1Password login entry captured those 3 fields, named loginId, lastName and password, respectively, and they have the correct values, with the loginId designated "username" and password designated "password". But the lastName field is designated "none". When I run the extension, only the loginId and password fields get filled in. I do NOT have the Use Auto-Type in web browser option checked.

So how can I get the LastName filled in as well? Shouldn't there be another designation for such fields to indicate they are fill-in?

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617 (19)
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90 (Google Chrome)
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jassword: Did you perhaps save that login on a URL other than where you're trying to fill? American Airlines has more than one login form, and they are not the same unfortunately. In many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to your preferred login URL
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Jassword
    Jassword
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I may have saved it on the main site, and later edited the saved URL, because the first time around, the login created automatically didn't seem to handle the LastName field. But I can see that manually editing just the URL can cause issues because the actual field names may be different for different pages. In any case, your procedure worked. So as a general rule, if the initial automatic intercept doesn't work with a multi-field login site (and perhaps for other issues on the site), the protocol you gave above sounds like the way to go.

• Yep, that's generally what we advise everyone to do in these situations. I'm glad Brenty was able to help here.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jassword: I'm glad that helped, but I did want to mention that we're very much working to improve this. Often in cases like this that means hardcoding site-specific handling, which is a bit gross and of course doesn't help anywhere else; but the development team is also working to make 1Password "smarter" about filling in general to help with this and similar cases.

This discussion has been closed.