Still can't "move" logins between vaults on Windows?

Options

This option appears to be available on Mac and Web clients, but it still isn't available on the Windows client as of 6.2.333d. Can you give a timeline on when this option will be available? The web version requires 3 clicks to move a single item and the scroll resets every time making it really painful to organize things.

1Password Version: 6.2.333d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Family

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @seanhoughton,

Thanks for writing in.

We do not share timeframes but what I can share is that each update we release is including more pieces that we need to implement the move process correctly the first time. Like for an example, the current 1Password 6.3 beta 1 now has much less refresh required to do some actions; e.g. switching between viewer/editor is no longer junky and is smooth with only the item list needing a small refresh call. If we implement move right now, you'd see the app reload the entire database twice since the action requires updating two separate vaults at the time, the app switches back and forth, you'd see the same scrolling position being reset and so on. It's not going to be a good experience if we do it right now.

When we implement this, we want to take you to the moved item in the other vault with the item list scrolled to the selected item in a smooth process. We're not there right now but it is coming.

• dgigliocontendo
    dgigliocontendo
    Community Member
    Options

Actually I would like this implemented as well. The windows app fell much less polished than the Mac counterpart.
    I'm evaluating the Families plan on some windows PCs but the experience is very different to the one I'm accustomed to, on Mac and iOS

• Hello @dgigliocontendo,

Thanks for your feedback. We're working on various features related to items to unify the experience between 1Password for Mac and Windows. Moving items isn't possible, yet but you can already copy items between vaults. We apologise for the inconvenience.

As for the user experience: while we're trying to ensure that the features offered across all platforms are as similar as possible, we are also focused on making every app a first class citizen on each platform. Effectively this means that we're striving to ensure you'll immediately recognise 1Password for Windows as a 1Password client but also to make it feel right at home among the best of the Windows apps out there.

We'd be really happy to hear more of your feedback about 1Password 6 for Windows.

Cheers and have a great week!

Alex

• Uwe_64
    Uwe_64
    Community Member
    Options

I'd really like to see the move feature in the windows app. Copy, move and delete are mainfeatures in my opinion.
    With a family account this feature really makes sense.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Uwe_64,

It is, it's just that our current UI have glitches that occurs when moving between various vaults we need to fix before we can ship it to everyone. Copy/delete do exist but move, duplicate, and other features are coming in future updates.

This discussion has been closed.