Not Website / Exclude Website for login items

Options

Is there a possibility to make certain URL not get suggested for a particular login item. The example I am quoting is I have an Amazon.com item and have quite a many AWS items [ has the URLs aws.amazon.com]. I do not want my Amazon.com getting suggested for AWS and vice versa. I understand that 1Password looks at the URL pattern for this and unfortunately AWS and amazon.com kind of share same URL pattern. There might be many other scenarios - the other cases are dev.example.com, stage.example.com, prod.example.com during my application development / test scenarios.

I am not sure if there is already a way to work around with this issue.

If not, I was thinking - if 1Password can add a field Not Website or Do Not Suggest URL or Not URL and one can add the aws.amazon.com in the Amazon.com login item.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Not URL

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @naveen_vijay,

What version of 1Password are you using and on what platform? I'm primarily a 1Password for Mac user myself and the following describes how it behaves.

1Password will first look for any FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) matches. It then looks for any matches based on just the registered domain name.

If there are FQDN matches they are displayed first. If there are also matches to the registered domain name then the behaviour depends on how many. If it's just a single match we display it at the bottom of the list. If it's two or more we hide them behind a Show x more items menu entry. If there are no FQDN matches we will show any matches to the registered domain name.

1Password for Mac does have an option titled Allow filling on pages that closely match saved websites which is in the Browsers tab of 1Password's preferences. If enabled we don't prioritise FQDN matches and instead display all the registered domain name matches, doing so alphabetically by title.

That's 1Password for Mac. If you're not on a Mac though that won't be much use. We'll have a better idea when we learn a bit more about where you use 1Password and what version :smile:

• naveen_vijay
    naveen_vijay
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @littlebobbytables - I moved from mac to Windows 10. My 1Password version stands at 6.4.377d - any recommendations / work around please.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @naveen_vijay,

When you view the list of matched Login items in the 1Password helper menu is it listing all of the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) matches first (in alphabetical order based on title) and then matches on the registered domain (again in alphabetical ordering based on title)? This is the behaviour I'm seeing at the moment but I am running a beta version of 1Password 6 for Windows. For the moment this is the best behaviour you can hope for. So if I'm on www.amazon.com I see my amazon Login items first and then any AWS items grouped afterwards while if I'm on aws.amazon.com I see them grouped first. It will require the stored website field being correct though so for example a couple of my AWS Login items have https://signin.aws.amazon.com and not just aws.amazon.com.

I don't know what 1Password 6 for Windows may do in the future. It's still a very new version of 1Password (a complete rewrite over 1Password 4) so there could end up being improvements. What 1Password 6 for Windows does is quite similar to 1Password for Mac at the moment but maybe it will find a way to better hide less exact matches. Just to say though, there is still a long list of areas needing attention to help bring 1Password 6 up to what people have been used to if they have used 1Password 4 for Windows or 1Password for Mac.

This discussion has been closed.