Blank 1Password window [display driver issue under investigation]

Options
jasonzheng
jasonzheng
Community Member
edited May 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

The main app on my PC doesn't work. When I try to open it, there is just a blank interface without any contents. Several seconds later, the main interface will turn into black.
And the extension on my chrome doesn't work either. As I click on the button, nothing happens. I guess this may be related to the main app's not working.
My windows vision is win10, 1703, and my chrome vision is 58.0.3029.110.
The problem really bothers me. I can only visit the web page to get my passwords. If anything comes to your mind, please inform me. Thanks a lot!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @jasonzheng,

Thank you for reporting this! :+1:

We've seen such weird issues like blank white screen in 1Password being caused by Riva Tuner, nVidia's software. Are you using Riva Tuner or similar software on your PC?

Secondly, have you tried to reboot into Safe Mode with Networking and check if 1Password 6 works? I've suggested this in a neighbour thread recently.

Please let us know. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• jasonzheng
    jasonzheng
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Greg ,
    I am not sure what Riva Tuner or similar software is. The graphics card on my PC is Intel HD 520, not Nvidia. But I remember there was an update of the graphics card drive several days ago. I don't know whether the two things have some connections.
    I entered Safe Mode and found the main app works normally. So what's the next step?
    Thank you so much!

• jasonzheng
    jasonzheng
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Greg ,
    Just now I uninstalled the graphics card drive, and the problem was solved.
    Thank you for your inspiration!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jasonzheng: That's good news. Thanks for letting us know! I do wonder though, was that a driver update you got through Windows Update, or from Intel directly? Sometimes vendors offer their own update utilities or direct downloads from their site.

• jasonzheng
    jasonzheng
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: My PC is Dell XPS 13, with a built-in program called Dell Update existing in windows 10. It is an official program of Dell, and it carried out the update of the driver automatically.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jasonzheng: Thanks so much for letting me know! We'll continue to investigate this. In general from what I've seen you shouldn't have any trouble with updates that go through Microsoft's Windows Update approval process.

This discussion has been closed.