Feature request: Default user name or list of favourites

Options
troldmanden
troldmanden
Community Member

Dear AgileBits,

I have a general feature request for all platforms/devices. I hope I'm in the right forum, if not please let me know :)

I often use the same user name whereever I sign up for an account, as my user name typically is my e-mail address. So, I would like to request a feature that makes it possible to save favourite user names in a list that you can then select from when creating a new login.

Thanks!
Patrick

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @troldmanden,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your request!

Do you happen to use 1Password for Mac and/or Windows? If so, the best way to save new Login items is to sign into a website from your browser so the 1Password extension will ask if you want to save or update a Login. Having a list of favorite usernames wouldn't really help in that situation because you would enter your username in the web form first, before 1Password saves the details you entered in that form.

However, something that might help is to use an Identity item to fill your email address into the username field when signing into a site for the first time.

Thanks again for your feedback, and if you need anything else, please let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

• troldmanden
    troldmanden
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Drew_AG

I use it on PC and iOS but I actually create the login in 1Password first because I want to use the password generator instead of coming up with a complex password myself. Is there a smarter way of doing this? Can the browser extension generate a strong password for me?

Regards,
    Patrick

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@troldmanden: Yep! Just follow this guide:

Change your passwords and make them stronger

More to the point, you can access the passwords generator through the 1Password extension:

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• troldmanden
    troldmanden
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty

Thanks, I'll try that next time.

@Drew_AG, @brenty : Thanks for your help :)

Regards,
    Patrick

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2017
    Options

Any time! Just to be clear, we definitely want to streamline password generation and login creation, especially in the mobile apps. There's just much less space to work with, so it's a bit more of a challenge there. But we'll keep working to make it more convenient for 1Password to help us secure our data. Thanks for the feedback on this, and be sure to let us know if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.