Firefox extension not multiprocess compatible.

Options
2»

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I hear you, @Charlie_s! We've thought about many of these same points. When I say "soon", think in units of days, not weeks. ;)

• Charlie_s
    Charlie_s
    Community Member
    Options

Cool :)

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1:

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017
    Options

:chuffed: Today, we released a beta extension that uses WebExtensions. (It might take a bit before it shows up in the updater in Firefox, but you can remove and reinstall from our website to get the latest.) It is multiprocess compatible out of the box and now uses native messaging for improved communication with the 1Password application.

If you have any issues, please create a new thread in this forum so we can keep things separate and address individual issues without risking something getting lost in the shuffle. :blush:

We'll be giving these betas a little bit of breathing room to shake out any bugs but we're planning to move this to a stable release next month.

Thanks again for all your passion and patience while we worked toward this and let us know if you have any feedback or challenges.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• jolg
    jolg
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jamie,

I just updated it on my Firefox Developer Edition, it looks like it's working fine for me! Thank you for the update (That was fast!)

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for confirming, @jolg! Glad it's working for you.

• a2sheppy
    a2sheppy
    Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

@jxpx777 I have many rejoicings! The weekend will be filled with much filling-out of forms without hurting my fingers! I've got it installed in Nightly (which claims to be 56 but is really more of a 56 with pieces of 57 in it).

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome, @a2sheppy! Glad it's working for you! :+1:

• Zod
    Zod
    Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

It's working fine here as well, I also like how the icon was fixed with the new black compact theme now displaying the white icon instead. Thank you for the fast update!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Zod,

We're certainly happy to hear things are going smoothly, it gives us hope that the transition to a stable WebExtensions extension can go equally as well. Keep us updated if you find anything!

• kraigory
    kraigory
    Community Member
    Options

Just wanted to chime in- I just installed Firefox Nightly and was sad when I saw that the 1Password extension wasn't compatible. I decided to look for somewhere to submit a 1Password bug request, found this forum, and was really impressed with the developer communication. Now i've installed the beta extension and will keep an eye out for any bugs!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hopefully you don't find any @kraigory and things just work well but if you do we'll definitely want to know! Fingers crossed it works well for you though :smile:

This discussion has been closed.