Offer Frequently Used E-mail Addresses or User ID's When Creating New Entries?

Options
Eagle1156
Eagle1156
Community Member

Hello...if I'm traveling or at a friend's place or wherever I am when I'm not using my personal computer which has 1Password and I sign up for a new site using that other computer which doesn't have 1Password, I will then add that new log-in information as a new entry on my 1Password app on my iPhone. Since most sites no longer ask for a User ID when signing up (or at least the ones that I'm visiting) but ask for your e-mail address as the User ID, it would be very helpful to have some sort of dropdown menu of frequently used User ID's or e-mail addresses when creating a new password entry using the 1Password iPhone app. It becomes a bit of a pain having to retype the same email address over and over in the iPhone app as the User ID. Thank you!

1Password Version: 6.8 (iPhone)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2017
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion, @Eagle1156. This is an idea that has been mentioned, in some form or another, a few times. We'll certainly take the thought into considering, though I can't promise more than that. We do appreciate the feedback, and I can see how this would be useful.

Thanks!

Ben

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Eagle1156,

Here's a suggestion for this:

… but ask for your e-mail address as the User ID, it would be very helpful to have some sort of dropdown menu of frequently used User ID's or e-mail addresses when creating a new password entry using the 1Password iPhone app.

Have you tried using the text replacement feature that comes with iOS?

See Set up text replacement in How to use Auto-Correction and predictive text on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support for information about it.

And here's a related post on Twitter a couple years ago:

1Password on Twitter: "@rockitude Fun tip. I set up a keyboard shortcut in Settings.app for @@ as my primary email, and @@@ as my secondary."

I hope that's helpful! :)

• Eagle1156
    Eagle1156
    Community Member
    Options

Both responses are helpful and I will 100% be using auto-correction. Thank you!

• jonathansullivan
    jonathansullivan
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

When I am manually creating a new login item in the 1Password app (as I often have to do for apps that require logins), I would love to be able to populate the username field with an email address from an Identity item in 1Password rather than typing it in by hand.

1Password Version: 6.8
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 10.3.3
    Sync Type: Families

• jonathansullivan
    jonathansullivan
    Community Member
    Options

Nevermind! Naturally, I just found an previous post on this subject with a proposed solution after posting this one. Sorry to create a duplicate.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@Eagle1156: I'm glad that helped! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jonathansullivan: I've merged your post with the existing discussion here. Glad that helped! We're here if you need anything else. :)

• ash2
    ash2
    Community Member
    Options

I was going to lodge my support for this feature.
    I'm always creating new entries in 1password and retyping my email address.
    Any pointers to how this can be done automatically would be awesome. Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

@ash2

As it stands right now the Identities category can be used to fill information such as name, email address, address, etc.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.