All browser extensions suddenly stopped working.

Options

Everything was working great! Then suddenly today, the icon on the firefox browser is greyed out. I have removed and reinstalled the extension twice. I have rebooted my system. Nothing.

The major change I made to my system was to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security and install WebRoot SecureAnywhere. Everything seemed to work after I was finished. Then this afternoon, The 1P extension stopped working. I disabled the Security suite, nothing.

When I try to restart the helper, it flashed normal for a split second then goes grey.

Can you please help me get this working again?

Thanks,

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: Windows 7 x64 Pro
Sync Type: WiFi Sync

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @DoctorBrown,

Thanks for getting in touch! I am sorry you bumped into issues with 1Password.

Please try do the following to enable Native Messaging in 1Password:

1) Close your browsers.
    2) Go to 1Password 4 > Help > Advanced and make sure that you have Native Messaging enabled there.
    3) Go to 1Password 4 > Help > Restart 1Password Helper.
    4) Launch your browser and let me know if it works for you after that.

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown
    Community Member
    Options

That worked! Thank you! I didn't even know that setting existed or it's purpose. Any idea how that got unset?

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I spoke a little too soon. It works in Firefox, but IE still isn't working. :-(

• @DoctorBrown: A side-effect of native messaging is that it actually bypasses most interference from A/Vs. It's a different method of communication between the main app and the extension that will soon be required by Firefox and Chrome, so the change was made to ensure future compatibility, but the improvement in cooperation with A/Vs has been a nice bonus.

Unfortunately, IE can't use native messaging, so it's possible WebRoot is getting in the way here, but IE works entirely differently from the other extensions and generally is less susceptible to this sort of interference. I'd double check that the IE extension is enabled in Preferences and try a reboot. This article also gives you a few things to check with WebRoot, but it's a bit on the older side so I'll have to apologize in advance if anything is outdated.

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate: Correct again! All I needed to do was set agile1pagent.exe to Protect in the Applications Protection tab. I didn't need to turn off Identity Shield.

Thank you again for getting back to me so soon. Very much appreciated.

• @DoctorBrown: Glad to hear it! A/Vs and 1Password both have the goal of keeping folks safe, so I really wish they'd just play nicer together, but I'm glad we're to a point where only a small tweak was needed. We're getting to that happy place bit by bit. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.