Master code after lid is closed

Options
TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member

On opening the lid of my Touch Bar MBP I have to enter the master code to unlock 1Password? Why is this necessary? If it's necessary here, why isn't it necessary when the system is rebooted? What's the special case with the closed lid that won't allow Touch ID?

Thanks very much.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TomWolsky: If the lid is closed, I can't see how you would be able to physically interact with Touch ID. Can you clarify?

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry. After I open the lid, in 1Password it says that I can't use Touch ID after the lid is closed and have to enter the master code. A little puzzled now because I don't see this every time. So it's not the closed lid alone that triggers this, but something else together with the closer lid.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TomWolsky: Thanks for clarifying! Are you not seeing an option to select Touch ID? What settings do you have in 1Password Preferences > Security?

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

These

which I think are pretty much the default. I'll have to look at this again as see if I can reproduce it. The message was specifically about the computer lid being closed and needing to enter the master code.

• @TomWolsky: It does look like there's a known issue with Touch ID being interpreted as being unavailable when it actually is in some situations, but we'd need to look at a diagnostics report from your Mac to determine if this is what's leading to your problem. Am I correct in understanding that this doesn't happen universally when you close the lid? Knowing the error message you're seeing would definitely be helpful as well. :+1:

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Doesn't seem to happen every time, but it's happened often enough to me that I thought it was normal behavior. I'll try to reproduce it.

• rudy
    edited November 2017
    Options

@TomWolsky,

Thanks for your work so far, you don't need to try and reproduce it. I have actually just fixed this bug and it'll be in the next release.

Rudy

ref: OPM-5425

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Opened the lid, unlocked the computer with Touch ID, went to 1 Password and saw this

I haven't opened it. What would you like me to do for diagnostics?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries! Rudy was able to get it sorted. If all goes well in testing, we'll have an update for you before long. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

This discussion has been closed.