Transfer account and OS

Options
nihonjinbob
nihonjinbob
Community Member

I am trying to transfer my standalone 1Password account to a new phone but am encountering some difficulties as it is not a straightforward transfer situation.

1. The standalone account is on an iPhone and the email used to register the account is no longer valid.
  2. The new phone is an android and has a registered 1Password account.
  3. The iPhone mentioned in point 1 has a badly damaged screen which is the reason for the move to Android. Unfortunately this makes reading QR codes difficult (I tried to do that to transfer the accounts).

So far I have done the following:
Moved my private vault on my iPhone to a personal vault. I cannot however see how to then get this across to sync to Android.

One last complication: I am based in China so Dropbox does not work. Nightmare? Yup.....

I am out of the country for a few days so if Dropbox is necessary for the switch I can now do that.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@nihonjinbob: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! If you already have a 1Password.com account you've been using on the iPhone, you don't need to sign up for another account. Just sign into it in 1Password for Android (or any other devices) to access your data there. You don't need the QR code. You can always enter your account credentials yourself. Dropbox is not involved in using a 1Password.com membership: everything is handed through your account. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

ref: RGI-47114-749

• nihonjinbob
    nihonjinbob
    Community Member
    Options

@Brenty Thanks for the reply. I have a 1password account but it is with a new email address. The email address that was registered when I bought the standalone licence is no longer valid. So I want to transfer from the old iphone with stand alone licence (and defunct email address registration) to new Android phone with 1password account.
    How should I handle it?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nihonjinbob: Ah, thanks for clarifying. A license for a specific version of of the standalone 1Password app does not apply to a 1Password.com membership, but if you just need to move your data from the standalone vault you've been using to your new account, just sign into your account on that your device (the old iPhone?) and then you can move your data from the Primary (standalone) vault to your account. If you have any trouble with that, please reply to Dalton via email (since I see you've been in touch with him there) so we can get more specifics there and help you sort things out. Cheers! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sure thing! We're here for you. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.