Here we go again...

Options
Vexed
Vexed
Community Member
edited December 2017 in Android

Since I didn't get any real help in https://goo.gl/JZgLxy, I'm starting from scratch as suggested.

And I'm starting with a recently reset phone (which didn't help a bit).

1Password (6.5.4) on my Android phone (4.4.4 Kitkat) WILL NOT CONNECT to 1Password on my Mac (10.12.6).

I installed 1Password.
After opening 1P the only options are Dropbox, WLAN server and Local storage.

When I click local storage it never gets past "Looking for 1Password on your network."

The Mac & phone are connected to the same network on my router - It's a home router and only one SSID.
They're the only two devices connected to it and both are currently 3 feet away from the router with excellent signals.
I'm only connecting to ONE device.

On the Mac, 1Password's Mac's WLAN Server tab has a link to Android instructions.
They are impossible to follow when setting up 1P with WLAN Server for the first time because it's impossible to unlock 1Password until AFTER a connection has been established and data imported. I can't unlock 1Password yet because there's no vault or data there to unlock.

_Follow the steps for your Mac or Windows PC. Then, on your Android device:

Open and unlock 1Password. IMPOSSIBLE.
From the navigation drawer, tap Settings > Sync.
Turn on Sync, then tap WLAN Server.
Tap the name of your computer.
Enter the secret code shown on your computer, then tap Start Sync.
Enter your Master Password.
Your data will begin syncing._ DREAM ON!

The only way for me to unlock 1P on my phone is to transfer a vault from my Mac like I did last time.
But they won't sync and I WANT them to sync.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peri
    edited December 2017
    Options

Hi @Vexed. I've gone ahead and deleted the duplicate post per your request.

Can you please update 1Password on Android to the latest version, 6.7? We added a fix for a WLAN syn issue in this update, so it may help here. Let us know how it goes!

• rudy
    edited December 2017
    Options

@Vexed,

To narrow it down:
    download Bonjour Browser from http://www.tildesoft.com
    launch it
    does it show an entry for _1password4._tcp. in the list of local network services?

You might also try updating past 1Password for Mac 6.5.4, that's a really old version. We're currently up to 6.8.5.

Rudy

• @Vexed,

That looks right.

does this mac have any firewall turned on at all, built-in or otherwise?

Rudy

• @Vexed,

If the firewall is blocking, depending on the settings, its entirely possible that it isn't going to notify you about connect attempts. Are you using the built-in macOS firewall?

Rudy

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Vexed: Definitely generate a diagnostic report in both 1Password for Android and Mac after attempting to sync so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#YFK-75812-681]

If you’re reading this and you are not Vexed, this Support ID is for Vexed only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: YFK-75812-681

This discussion has been closed.