The app will not download to iPhone 5. iOS 11 is required

Options
mikeyoxon
mikeyoxon
Community Member

We have recently purchased 1Password for families. All works well on Macs, iPads, iPhone6s. However app will not download to iPhone 5 because iOS 11 is required. What can I do, please?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:download app to iPhone 5

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017
    Options

@mikeyoxon: You'll need to download it from your purchase history so that the App Store will give you the latest version compatible with your device:

https://support.apple.com/HT201272#apps

I hope this helps. Cheers! :)

• HansP
    HansP
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty. I've checked through my purchase history and 1Password isn't there. It won't let me install the app because it says it requires iOS11 which my iPhone5 can't install. Any other options? Cheers

• rudy
    edited December 2017
    Options

@hansP,

You could try a copy of iTunes for Mac/PC that still has the app store to "get" 1Password onto your purchased history and then try installing using the App Store on the device.

Other than that current work-around, there are no options for doing it entirely on an iOS device.

https://support.apple.com/HT208079

Rudy

• HansP
    HansP
    Community Member
    Options

@rudy When I download and install the older version of iTunes it won't open saying that my iTunes files need a newer version of iTunes. I have read elsewhere that you need several pieces of software to complete an installation of an older iTunes version (see https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/feature/audio/how-downgrade-itunes-11-itunes-10-in-mac-os-x-3415214/). My question is now: If I manage to install the older version of iTunes and haven't previously "bought" or downloaded the 1Password app (so that I can find it under purchase history) will I then be able to download the version I need for my iPhone5 iOS 10.3.3?

Thanks

• HansP
    HansP
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again @rudy and @brenty ... I just tried to follow the instructions on this website in order to open iTunes with a new library. Even though the Store is available I don't seem to be able to download 1Password. Do you think we have to conclude that I am not going to be able to run 1Password on my iPhone5 10.3.3? Or do you have any other tricks up your sleve? Thanks (here are a few screenshots as well)

• HansP
    HansP
    Community Member
    Options

And one more just to be sure (I didn't choose "Apps" in the previous screen shots):

• HansP
    HansP
    Community Member
    Options

And I am sorry If I am spamming you guys... but I noticed one more thing. When I'm in Apps on the phone tab in iTunes I don't get the full list of the apps that are currently installed on the phone... its just blank. Just in case this cleared something up for you guys. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

@HansP: I'm gonna be honest: all of that scares the crap out of me. Please backup your device before doing anything. I haven't sync'd with iTunes for years, but the last time I did it was NOT intentional and caused quite a mess for me. Ultimately there isn't anything we can do to get you any particular version, as that's all handled by the App Store. But I do see two problems in your first screenshot:

1. You appear to have searched for "1passwqrd" (with a Q) initially.
    2. You're searching under Music (on the left); you'll need to select "Apps" there.

If I manage to install the older version of iTunes and haven't previously "bought" or downloaded the 1Password app (so that I can find it under purchase history) will I then be able to download the version I need for my iPhone5 iOS 10.3.3?

Please don't connect your device to the computer. You shouldn't have to do that at all. Once you "purchase" 1Password from the App Store there using your Apple ID, it will be available under Updates > Purchases in the App Store on your iPhone. At that point, you can try installing it from there, and it should offer you the latest compatible version, rather than the current one, which requires iOS 11.

I hope this helps. Please let us know how it turns out. And happy new year! :)

This discussion has been closed.