Can't edit items in vault

Options
speedy1812
speedy1812
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I don't seem to have the needed permissions to edit the items in my vault. How do I go about getting them?

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

1Password Version: 7.0.529
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• speedy1812
    speedy1812
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like this likely has to do with the fact that my vault is still in the AgileKeychain format. I'll have to convert over to OPVault format and see if that makes a difference.

• @speedy1812 thanks for giving 1Password 7 a try! Just wanted to give you a hint on conversion - 1Password menu > Open vault on this PC should be all that you need. When you open .agilekeychain vault, app will convert it to .opvault format automatically for you. No import necessary.

• speedy1812
    speedy1812
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile When I first install v7 (I've installed and deleted it several times), it doesn't ask which vault to open, so I have just entered my master password and it has opened my main vault, without converting it, hence the issues I mentioned above in the original post.

Just wanted to give you a hint on conversion - 1Password menu > Open vault on this PC should be all that you need.

For what it's worth, I tried it, and this is what I got. "Open vault on this PC..." is grayed out and can't be selected.

• @speedy1812 that option is available after unlock only. You may want to start with fresh database, it will be easier experience. Just shutdown app, rename %localappdata%\1password\data folder and start app again. Hope that helps :)

This discussion has been closed.