1PW7 search on title or all fields - where did this go?

Options
Superfandominatrix
Superfandominatrix
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

What is the method to search just on entries or all fields in an entry? I can't figure out how to do this with the redesigned 1PW7 GUI.

If you recall in 1PW4, next to the search dialogue there was a drop down menu to choose title only, or all fields.

If there is a syntax method for searching in a specific field, having that as a feature change would be equally useful instead of a search dialogue drop down menu.

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Superfandominatrix: There is not an option to specify a specific field, but it's something we'd like to add as part of advanced search options in a future version. Thanks for letting us know that's something you want. :)

• MikeT
    edited March 2018
    Options

Hi @Superfandominatrix,

By default, 1Password searches all fields. If you wish to search by titles only, use title: filter, so if you want to find eBay, enter the following in the search field: title:ebay.

We're planning to standardize search experience across all platforms that 1Password is on. Once we do, we'll build a new search UI that'll help improve the search experience without remembering which filter to use.

1Password 7 can support: title:, tag:, file: at the moment.

• Superfandominatrix
    Superfandominatrix
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Awesome, that is exactly what I was hoping to learn. Thank you for help with this and all my other posts :)

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome!

Thanks for your help with testing 1Password 7, it will help us improve 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Superfandominatrix: Also, my fault for misunderstanding. I thought you were looking for search options in the GUI, like we have in 1Password for Mac. We definitely want to add those, but I'm glad that the test search arguments help in the mean time. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.