7.0 Beta 11 Safari Extension link incorrect

Options
scott_athen
scott_athen
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I just tried installing the beta Safari Extension link, and I keep getting 4.7.1

1Password Version: 7.0 Beta 11
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@scotty_athen,

Nope, that's the correct version of the Safari Extension.

Rudy

• Bobalaska
    Bobalaska
    Community Member
    Options

@rudy I downloaded and installed current extension. I tried to delete 7.0 Beta 10 extension; got message saying I would have to delete 1Password to do that. So now I have 2 extensions in Safari. It is working fine, however, with the 4.7.1 apparently.

I also had unrelated (?) message that I had 2 copies of 1Passord (the second being on an external back up drive on which I clone my Mac drive weekly or so. It suggested I trash that second copy. I did. I do not recall seeing that type of message before that, and want to bring to your attention.

• rudy
    Options

@Bobalaska,

You'll want to update to 7.0.BETA-11 to use the 4.7.1 extension.

Rudy

• Bobalaska
    Bobalaska
    Community Member
    Options

@rudy I had updated and it is working. I could not delete the beta 10 extension when I tried, so I left it in place.

• mikeycav
    mikeycav
    Community Member
    Options

The extension does not install with Mac OS 10.12.6, Safari 11.1. After I confirm to Trust the extension, nothing happens.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Bobalaska

Safari prompts when trying to remove 1Password extension (beta 10) Saying to remove the old extension you must remove 1Password.

I simply put 1Password in the trash, the old extension disappeared, opened the trash and put 1Password back. Then install the extension 4.7.1 form the link.

cc @rudy cc @MrRooni

• rudy
    Options

@thightower

I'm guessing a relaunch of Safari might clear that up post-update to beta 11.

Rudy

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Possibly I just got back from Apple store with a really uncommon hardware issue on my MBP so I cant rule out anything. Just a quick notation on my part. 😶

• steve28236
    steve28236
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

I’m seeing this too. Nothing happens when you click the ‘Trust’ button.

Also from that link page clicking download again gives me a completely different file called 1Password-4.7.1.90.crx

A reboot allows installation of the extension.

• andrewjanjigian
    andrewjanjigian
    Community Member
    Options

I've had all these problems, and a reboot did not fix them. I have no extension in Safari now, and double clicking the extension and "trusting" it does nothing at all.

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member
    Options

For those having difficulty installing the extension, there is a years-old bug in Safari whereby clicking “Trust” does nothing. Try navigating via keyboard to the “Trust” button and press the Spacebar.

• andrewjanjigian
    andrewjanjigian
    Community Member
    Options

@verdi1987 how do you "navigate" to a button using the keyboard?

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member
    Options

@andrewjanjigian, enable Full Keyboard Access for “All Controls" in macOS Settings > Keyboard > Shortcuts; then Tab to navigate.

• andrewjanjigian
    andrewjanjigian
    Community Member
    Options

@verdi1987 thank you, that worked! Extension installed.

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member
    Options

@andrewjanjigian, I’m glad the workaround worked. That bug has been in Safari through many releases of macOS.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

So many that I'd forgotten about it. Thanks everyone for bringing this up!

• neonate48
    neonate48
    Community Member
    Options

I have successfully installed the Safari 1password extension (I am using the latest versions of Safari, 1Password7). Everything works fine but when I quit Safari and restart Safari the 1password extension is no longer present. I have reproduced this multiple times. Anyone having problems with this?

• rudy
    Options

@neonate48,

do you have multiple copies of 1Password 7 installed? the most likely scenario is that Apple's pkd (plugin kit daemon) is detecting one of those other copies which is instructed to remove the non-Safari App Extension version of the extension.

Rudy

• neonate48
    neonate48
    Community Member
    Options

@rudy

I did have a hard drive with a cloned copy of my Mac Hard Drive mounted. As soon as I ejected the clone everything worked as expected. Now I know to not leave the clone mounted at all times. Thank you so much. It was driving me crazy...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise, thanks for following up! That may help others. :)

This discussion has been closed.