1PW7...need to delete the old Safari extension 4.7.1?

Options
btownguy
btownguy
Community Member

Today I upgraded to 1PW7. Check for Updates didn't work so I had to download it from the website (linked to from the blog post). After installing, I noticed the installer zipped up my old 1Password.app in the Applications folder. After confirming 1PW7 was working great, I deleted that zip file and removed the old 1PW6 Dock icon.

Reading the blog I'm aware that the toolbar mini application and the main application are now running as one process. One thing I'm not so sure about is the Safari extension. Mine is still installed and currently says version 4.7.1. Do I need to do anything with that extension or not now that I'm on 1PW7? If I look in Activity Monitor, I have two processes: 1Password 7 and 1Password Extension Helper.

Thanks for all the great work you all do.

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password.com Families subscription

Comments

• Hi @btownguy,

Version 4.7.1 of the 1Password Safari extension is the right version and should just keep on working with 1Password 7, so you should be all set. Enjoy 1Password 7!

• robfol
    robfol
    Community Member
    Options

Is the new HUGE Safari drop-down window compulsory? it takes up half my 12 inch MacBook screen and is much harder to use than the neat intuitive one that preceded it. Do you all work on 27inch screens? Why do you think you need the sidebar in the dropdown? At least make the sidebar optional in prefs. Cheers Robert

• tiantai
    tiantai
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

@robfol, agreed. In my 13" Mac and using Safari, that window takes up about ¼ of the usable screen real estate.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018
    Options

@tiantai, @robfol: I've already replied to your identical comments in another thread. Please don't post the same thing in multiple places. It slows down response times for everyone — including you. :(

This discussion has been closed.