1Password 7 won't remember window size.

Options
bobbyt
bobbyt
Community Member

When I click 1Password 7 in my dock I end up with a tiny window opening up that is much smaller than I prefer...

I can resize the window which works, but after closing & reopening the window it once again displays as a tiny window (forcing me to manually resize it every time I want to use it). It ends up being a 3 click process to use 1Password 7:

1. Click Dock Icon
  2. Click & Drag window to upper left corner
  3. Click & Drag resize corner to lower right corner

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @bobbyt! Could you try what I mentioned to another user in this thread to see if that gets things working properly? It fixed it for me. :)

• bobbyt
    bobbyt
    Community Member
    Options

DIdn't work... Mainly because the repair utility will not open:

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bobbyt,

Looks like the 1Password troubleshooting utility wasn't properly uncompressed. Try downloading it again, then right click the 1PasswordTroubleshooting.zip file and choose Archive Utility (maybe it's not the default) under the Open With context menu:

If 1PasswordTroubleshooting.app opens okay after that, click the Permissions tab and then the Repair Permissions button (like Jacob suggested in the other thread. Hopefully that'll fix the trouble you're having with 1Password remembering its window size.

• MGDominguez
    MGDominguez
    Community Member
    Options

I've been having this issue as well. I just followed the above steps and so far so good. It was a similar scenario before, it will forget the window size every now and then, sometimes on consecutive launches.

We'll see if it's solved with the utility.

• bobbyt
    bobbyt
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm both points of the email:

1. Repairing Permissions fixes the window size issue

2. I was using a 3rd party program as my default decompressor, using Apple's Archive Utility to expand the zip fixed the issue.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for confirming your success, @bobbyt. Hope it’s also solved now for you, @MGDominguez. :+1::chuffed:

• MGDominguez
    MGDominguez
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @sjk

It's kind of solved. After I tried the steps from the other thread it was remembering the window size, but some time after that it went back to a tiny window. The odd thing is that at that point I just quit the app completely and relaunch it, and it was back to the correct window size and it has stayed that way.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Jacob
    Options

@MGDominguez I've seen it happen a few times in the latest versions as well, and fully quitting the app fixes it. I'm still working on some reliable steps to reproduce the issue so we can get it fixed up. Let me know if you notice any!

This discussion has been closed.