I have tried to change a password using the 1Password extension (in Safari). I have noticed this recurring problem.
1) I retrieve my current password from the extension.
2) I paste my password into the dialog box.
3) I go back to the 1P extension and click Edit. Then I click the button to generate a new password.
4) I click Save.
5) I click Copy to get the new password, and paste it twice into the dialog box, then I submit the information.
6) The password is successfully changed.
7) Here's where the problem begins.
If I click Update Existing, the new password is replaced by the old password!
Fortunately, 1P keeps a log of previously used passwords, so I can retrieve my "old" new password and swap it with the "new" old password and all is well.
I have noticed this problem for quite awhile. I suggest some debugging is in order to prevent this from giving people heart attacks, especially those who don't realize that old passwords are being stored somewhere.
1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Would you like to update your existing... FAIL