Mac App Store version multiple versions behind

Options
BrokenHope
BrokenHope
Community Member

The latest version according to the release notes is 7.0.3, so why is the App Store version still at 7.0.1?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Apps always take a fairly long time to go through Apple's approval process. So this isn't surprising.

• rudy
    Options

@BrokenHope,

Mac App Store review is never that quick, as they have a much smaller team of reviewers than the iOS store. They also like to find new things to flag as violations that previously had passed review for years and years. 7.0.3 will be coming at some point, but I can't really say when.

Rudy

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BrokenHope Because the Mac App Store requires apps to go through Apple's approval process, which takes some time. That's one of the advantages of using the version from our website.

• Localboy
    Localboy
    Community Member
    Options

Somehow 1Password 7 from the Mac App Store on my Macbook Air updated to 7.0.3 yesterday afternoon but there's no record of 703 in MAS updates. I'm wondering if it might have been auto-updated by MacUpdate? Is that even possible?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Localboy - no, it's not. Or if it is, you'd need to take it up with Apple, as their policy is: when something's not released, it's not released. There's no situation I'm aware of in which current users would get updates silently behind the scenes, while the same version they were updated to isn't available for purchase/download from the front page for that app. It just doesn't happen.

• Localboy
    Localboy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the information, Lars. I see now that 1PW7 on my Macbook is in fact from the Agilebits Store although my iMac has 1PW7 from the Mac App Store. I guess I messed up the update somewhere.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for letting us know @Localboy.

Ben

• Localboy
    Localboy
    Community Member
    Options

When my 1PW7 trial period is up, can I just delete the non-MAS version on my Macbook and install the MAS version?

I just don't want to risk not having 1PW7. I found out what that was like when I first installed the trial and my new master password didn't work. It turned out 1PW7 was trying to open the old vault on iCloud instead of the updated vault on 1password.com.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Localboy - the only way to enjoy a trial period of 1Password 7 for Mac is by signing up for a trial 1password.com membership. That gives you 30 days of both 1password.com and also access to all our apps -- which would include the brand-new 1Password 7 for Mac. But, to be clear, there is no trial period of only the app itself, whether the Mac App Store or from us.

If you don't have a 1password.com membership, you can install either version, because your membership "licenses" either one.

This discussion has been closed.