updating to 7.04 chose wrong vault

Options
capgemlb
capgemlb
Community Member

I just updated (I already had 1P7.01) to IP7.04. During the process I chose the most recent, but not the largest, vault. Now I have no idea when the other vault is.

Also, when I come to a site where I need a password, the new mini 'suggests' an option which is usually correct, but I can't actually activate it--I can select it, but then nothing happens when I hit enter, or right click, or anything.

I tried re-installing IP7.04, but it didn't ask for me to chose a vault again.

Also, I evidently didn't have an account before, but I have one now as it seemed like the only way forward. I do NOT understand the difference between having the application and having an account--it's never made any sense to me and I've never found an adequate explanation.

1Password Version: 7.04
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: dropbox?
Referrer: forum-search:macos update to 7.04 chose wrong vault

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You can effectively start over and run the 1Password 7 installation again if you wish. When you installed 1Password 7 it will have created for you, in your Applications folder, a zipped copy of your 1Password 6 installation. You can, in 1Password 7, go to 1Password 7 > Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data then quit 1Password completely by pressing control + option + command + Q. That will enable you to drag the 1Password 7 application file to the trash to uninstall it. You can then unzip your 1Password 6 installation and either try the 1Password 7 installation process again or wait for further guidance here. At least if you choose to wait you won't be without your 1Password data.

Stephen

• capgemlb
    capgemlb
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much, Stephen!!! That worked beautifully.

• just_marc
    just_marc
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately have the same problem. But i don not find on my MAC a 1PW 6 zip. Also I can't go into 1PW 7, because i do not want to register. I've bought a 1 PW Pro edition and I want that back!

• Jacob
    Options

@just_marc I’d be happy to help. To get a better idea of what the issue is, please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.