Can Secure Notes be Exported

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited July 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I would like to set up Secure Notes for recovery items but I cannot be certain if they can be exported. Like print to paper or saved to PDF? Ongoing in the iOS forum is how I locked myself out of an email.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/92880/locked-out-of-email#latest

Google is also making account recovery harder, or more fool proof.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

Thanks for writing in.

Yes, you can right-click on any item in the main 1Password interface and export it using the text or CSV formats.

The better approach would be to print these recovery items as PDF and store it as Document items in 1Password. This allows you to have a PDF that you can print and view anywhere.

• sethmad
    sethmad
    Community Member
    Options

I'm trying to export secure notes, and right-clicking on them does not provide an export option. Also, the Export option in the File menu is grayed out. Is it still possible to export secure notes?

• The instructions Mike shared were for 1Password 7, @sethmad, and based on your mention of the file menu, it sounds like you're using 1Password 4 – there isn't a file menu in 1Password 7. Secure Notes can still be exported there, but steps are a bit different. The only way I'm able to get export greyed out in the file menu, however is to have 1Password locked. Is export greyed out even when 1Password is unlocked in your case?

• sethmad
    sethmad
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I just realized that this is the Windows forum. I'm an OS X user using 1Password 7.3.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sethmad: There is no export option when right clicking any kind of item. You'd need to be viewing the vault that item is in and then select it there to have the Export option active in the File menu. It isn't possible to export from the All Vaults view, as each vault is encrypted separately.

This discussion has been closed.