How to remove imported tag? [Bulk tag edit is coming soon]

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Good Day. I have a couple of questions regarding Tags in 1Passsword 7 Stand alone version.
    How do you prevent the creation of "Imported "mm-dd-year" tags? Without editing each login entry individually, how do you remove all "Imported "mm-dd-year" tags? In my opinion, 1Password 7 application automatically adding "Imported "mm-dd-year" tags is just plain rude as the imported tag is not relevant to me.
    Regards,
    Larry

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @LimaTango,

Thanks for writing in.

The import tag is intentional to let you undo imports if it didn't go right, you'd select that tag, delete all items with it and try again without affecting the rest of your 1Password data.

What is missing is the ability to remove that tag simply, which is coming in a future update. We're going to let you rename and delete tags on the sidebar.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @LimaTango,

I forgot to mention that you can remove the import tag right now.

1. Select the nested import tag on the sidebar
    2. Focus the item list and select them all with Control + A or right-click to select all
    3. Use the Tag submenu to click on the import tag to remove it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Mike T.

Step # 2 - You wrote: "Focus the item list and select them all with Control + A or right-click to select all"

I do not seem to understand, as the selecting the Tag "item list" "Imported "mm-dd-year", Control + A, does nothing with either mouse button.

I uninstalled the 1Password 7 from my primary work station and reinstalled version 4. I currently have 1Password 7 installed on a Windows 7 VirturalBox machine so I can figure out if it is usable for me. If do not like what I imported I remove 1Password from the VirturalBox machine and start over. The "Imported "mm-dd-year" is irrelevant and unnecessary.

I can wait for the bulk removal option

There are other issues I am concerned with.

The use of 1Password on my iPhone may not be a factor, as I never use the phone to login into anything other than automobile road side assistance. And have only used 1Password for a reference source when needed for a television service.

The iPad is used for some shopping sight, but I never purchase anything, only wind shop and use a desktop computer for purchases.

So I can put some information elsewhere and uninstall 1Password on the handheld devices.

I am aware of the conversation that is on going for WLAN Sync and signed up for the newsletter. Without a cloud free option or a Google drive option I can stop using 1Password on the handheld devices.

Or I may continue to use 1Password 4, and chalk up the upgrade version 7 as a bad investment on my part.

Thank you, Mike.

Regards,

Larry

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @LimaTango,

I do not seem to understand, as the selecting the Tag "item list" "Imported "mm-dd-year", Control + A, does nothing with either mouse button.

Not the sidebar, the item list in the middle like so:

Once all items are selected, right-click on them to expand the Tags menu to click on the import tag to remove it like so:

The "Imported "mm-dd-year" is irrelevant and unnecessary.

The majority of our customers do not have a virtual machine nor should they expect to know how to use it to test how import works. We've been able to use this feature with many customers to successfully undo the said imports and it did make it quick and simple to clean up.

Just because it is not useful for you, does not make it so.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Mike:

Thank you for the screen shots.

I whole heartily agree with you. I was just speaking for myself.

No worries or further questions

Regards,

Larry

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome! If there's anything we can help you with, please do us know.

• nm1
    nm1
    Community Member
    Options

Hoping that someone can help with a rather urgent issue relating to the difference between Mac/Windows bulk-tagging functionality.

Since I use 1P on both platforms, I (naively) expected that the bulk-tagging functionality was available on both platforms but just implemented differently. Since I didn't see the option to remove tags from all selected items by right-clicking on the selected items on my Mac, I right-clicked instead on the tag itself in the tag list and then selected 'Delete.' Unfortunately it appears that doing so not only deleted the tag from my list of tags, but also moved all of the associated items to the Trash.

First, can you confirm that using the 'Delete' option when right-clicking on a tag in the (sidebar) tag list deletes the tag and moves the tagged items to the trash? (I do not want to empty the trash in 1P and end up in a situation where I cannot recover the deleted items from a backup.)

Second, can you please explain the easiest way to revert the state of my vault(s) to how they were at X point in time (i.e., selecting a particular backup iteration, rolling back, and then identifying the differences between then and now to update the rolled-back vault with any changes that I made after the roll-back point and want to maintain in the rolled-back vault)?

Thank you in advance.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nm1,

Thank you for getting in touch! I am sorry to hear you bumped into troubles with 1Password.

Unfortunately it appears that doing so not only deleted the tag from my list of tags, but also moved all of the associated items to the Trash. Can you confirm that using the 'Delete' option when right-clicking on a tag in the (sidebar) tag list deletes the tag and moves the tagged items to the trash?

I can't confirm this: removing the tag from the sidebar in 1Password 7 for Mac doesn't move the associated items to Trash. I have just checked this behaviour on my side and it works correctly. It seems that something else has happened on your Mac.

If you are using 1Password account, please try to view and restore previous versions of affected items using this guide on our website. Let me know how it works for you. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.