Not editing a secure note, with markdown, 1password still wants to save and scrolls back to the top

Options
StarPine
StarPine
Community Member

Hi,

Because secure notes are still messy with markdowns, I prefer to view my secure notes in edit mode, much easier to read. But when I want to switch to another secure note, 1password insists I need to save my progress, even though it was only for viewing my secure note.
This whole markdown has been a huge letdown from the beginning.
Make it a optional feature in preferences and be done with it.
The formatting is off, viewing my notes in markdown looks ugly and confusing.
I was hoping with the transition towards v7 for a bit more elegance in my secure notes like bold, underscore, simple things.
But every edit, needs to be saved, gets rendered and the worst thing, takes me to the top of my secure note!

This is counter productive as scrolling down every time, takes more time and because markdown looks ugly it's not easy to scroll through.
I will make some screenshots and show you what's going on here.

Make it simple, make it optional, please.
Kind regards

Jeffrey

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@StarPine - thanks for weighing in on this one. Version 7.0.5 brought substantial increases in Markdown rendering speed and we've got more iterations to come, including potentially the ability to make Markdown a switchable feature, so keep an eye on the release notes in updates -- or you'll probably notice improvements yourself when they're released, without having to read release notes. :)

• StarPine
    StarPine
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Lars looking forward to new and more improvements! Thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.