Warum erscheint bei jedem Eintrag «Wiederverwendetes Passwort»?

SD44
SD44
Community Member

Ich bin von einer Einzelplatz- auf eine Familienlizenz umgestiegen, weil meine Tochter 1Passwort jetzt auch verwendet. Bei fast allen Einträgen steht nun «Wiederverwendetes Passwort». Ich bin sicher, dass dies nicht stimmt. Vermutlich kommt der Hinweis daher, weil die selben Einträge in einem lokalen Tresor und im Tresor (Primär) in der Cloud zu finden sind. Nicht das Passwort ist doppelt sonder die Einträge. Ich möchte die Einträge aber sowohl lokal als auch in der Cloud behalten, falls ich den Cloud-Tresor mal ausschalten oder löschen möchte. Gibt es eine einfache Möglichkeit diese beiden Tresore synchron zu halten?
Danke für die Beantwortung meiner auf deutsch formulierten Frage.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Wiederverwendetes Passwort

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@SD44: If you view all of your vaults (Preferences > Vaults), you will be able to see all of the items with the same password. Let me know if that helps.

Google translation:

Wenn Sie alle Ihre Tresore anzeigen (Voreinstellungen> Tresore), können Sie alle Objekte mit demselben Passwort sehen. Lass es mich wissen, wenn das hilft.

• SD44
    SD44
    Community Member

You probably did not understand my question correctly. I have the same item in two vaults, once locally and once in the cloud. The warning appears that the same password will be used on different websites. But it is the same website. The warning is not necessary. I think that's a bug.
    Question 2: Can I keep two vaults synchronized, once locally and once in the cloud?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@SD44: That's not a bug. You are using the same password in two places, and Watchtower is telling you about that. That's its job.

Since those are both (presumably) the same account, why not have a single item saved? Instead of duplicating information like that.

• deadSoldier
    deadSoldier
    Community Member

I think the feature is really great to improve security, often old logins are assigned to the same passwords.
    But there are items which have a necessity for the same passwords. e.g. my router has 2 items, one for the router itself and one for the quick login when accessing in web browser. Same goes for banking accounts etc.
    Is there a quick solution for it? I know i can leave it how it is, but i think this is kind of annoying, Watchtower should only show items which are in need of action for security purposes.
    Also 1Passwords stores created passwords in its password section. The resulting logins are shown in Watchtower as "reused passwords".

• @deadSoldier

Why do you need two separate items that each have passwords on them for either of those things?

Ben

• deadSoldier
    deadSoldier
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

Do i use this software the wrong way? I thoughts its pretty handy to have my google password in an item "email account" along all the other information belonging to this account.
    But with this item only i cannot login on my google account per web broswer. thus i do need two items with the same password. manually filling all information like imap, portnumber, server etc per hand in an online login form cant be the intendet way (i hope).

I would also like to draw your attention to the following:

"Also 1Passwords stores created passwords in its password section. The resulting logins are shown in Watchtower as "reused passwords"."

In my eyes this can be considered a bug.
    I think watchtower should exclude some expressions.

• Well, "wrong" isn't necessarily the term I'd use, but we generally recommend storing credentials for anything that has a web page that you can log in to in a Login item (only). If you need to store other information relevant to that account I'd recommend using custom fields to add that information to the Login item. In the case of Google specifically it may be beneficial to add in a link to their page on using IMAP if that is something that you do:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?hl=en

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@deadSoldier: You might find the information in this guide helpful in that regard:

How to customize your 1Password items

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.