Can 1Password fill in logins where it requests specific characters from the password

Options

I have a number of accounts which do not request the full password, but specific characters, such as 3rd, 6th and 13th. (Usually banks and credit cards.

Does 1Password support these kinds of forms and if so how effective is it? I'm worried that it might get it wrong and cause me to be locked out of my account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Not directly. But there is a Large Type option that shows the password in large type with the number of each character beneath it, so it is easy to see the needed characters and fill them in manually.

If you hover next to the password, you will see a menu whose default is Copy, but has a Reveal in Large Type option.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, @maerk. Danco is right. I wrote a fairly detailed reply about this situation a couple years ago and I think it's still pretty accurate: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/293598#Comment_293598 I hope Large Type is a good help for this kind of site for you.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ 1Password
    Fort Worth, Texas

• maerk
    maerk
    Community Member
    Options

@jxpx777 thanks for your clarification. Hadn’t actually thought much about it, but you’re right, they must be storing passwords plain text, that’s mildly terrifying :/

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to help! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.