1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302003) Mac App Store, set idletime to quit on browser extensions

Options

2 questions,
1. set idle time to quit on browser settings. can only turn on or off auto lock, but no idle time setting.

need Ipad and Iphone settings too do the same. set idle time

question #2
I have a short version of my master pswd on the desktop version of 1pswd. but there is no place to set this for the browser extensions which I use much more often. as well as on the iphone and ipad.
I have asked this question before. Please understand me and read carefully before answering. I set this short password in the earlier version of 1pswd before you set up the licensing version and it has remained which I love. However I can no longer find a place in settings to set this.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302003) Mac App Store
Extension Version: x v. 1.15.6
OS Version: mojave 10.14.4
Sync Type: agilbits, dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:set idle time to quit on 1Pswd 7 and browser ext.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @elurie

I'd be happy to help with that.

set idle time to quit on browser settings. can only turn on or off auto lock, but no idle time setting.

The timeout setting is in your 1Password.com web interface:
    https://my.1password.com/profile

I have a short version of my master pswd on the desktop version of 1pswd. but there is no place to set this for the browser extensions which I use much more often. as well as on the iphone and ipad.
    I have asked this question before. Please understand me and read carefully before answering. I set this short password in the earlier version of 1pswd before you set up the licensing version and it has remained which I love. However I can no longer find a place in settings to set this.

That is correct, it isn't possible to do that with 1Password X, and we don't recommend doing it with the desktop app either. The mechanism through which this is happening is that you have a "Primary" vault, which is not part of your 1Password account. It is a "standalone" vault. When a Primary vault exists in 1Password for Mac the Master Password of that vault is used to unlock the app, instead of your account password. 1Password X doesn't support standalone vaults, so this isn't something that can be set up there. We recommend deleting any standalone vaults when upgrading to a 1Password membership. There are instructions for doing that in the migration guide:
    https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.