New iOS update bugs

Options
Naxterra
Naxterra
Community Member

Hello

After updating 1Password on my iOS device I encountered several bugs.

Apps are now showing whole vault, instead of correct entry, see Reddit
When using 1Password as main password manager, keyboard is not hiding. For example, I click on username field, then click on Password button, 1Password screen opens but keyboard is still visible. I cannot touch / select anything else and I have to write my master password blindly. Normally I should be able to see master password field and Face ID button but half of the screen is covered by keyboard.
2FA password codes are not being entered, see Reddit again.

1Password Version: 7.3.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dwr130
    dwr130
    Community Member
    edited August 2019
    Options

I also am experiencing a bug . On iOS it now just shows “Password” with a key next to it above keyboard rather than showing user name it plans to fill with. Would love some help with this.

• dwr130
    dwr130
    Community Member
    Options

Also, one touch sign on appears to be inconsistent and it seems to be requesting my password too frequently.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2019
    Options

Hi folks,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

@Naxterra

Apps are now showing whole vault, instead of correct entry, see Reddit

I did testing with the Reddit app on my iPhone and was unable to reproduce this. When I access the autofill feature within the Reddit app it is only listing my Reddit accounts:

I also tested using the 1Password extension, rather than the iOS autofill feature. That also worked as expected:

The information required to filter the list comes from the app itself, either through their implementation of the 1Password extension, or through the Associated Domains definition they submit as part of their app to Apple. In both cases it looks like Reddit is doing the correct thing. If you're still having trouble I'd recommend making sure that the Reddit app is up to date.

2FA password codes are not being entered, see Reddit again.

When using autofill 2FA codes are not entered automatically. Instead, if the option is enabled, they are copied to the clipboard. You should be able to paste into the 2FA field when you reach it to fill that field with the appropriate code.

When using 1Password as main password manager, keyboard is not hiding. For example, I click on username field, then click on Password button, 1Password screen opens but keyboard is still visible. I cannot touch / select anything else and I have to write my master password blindly. Normally I should be able to see master password field and Face ID button but half of the screen is covered by keyboard.

Is this when using autofill (on top of the keyboard), or using the 1Password extension (1Password icon in the username/password field)?

@dwr130

I also am experiencing a bug . On iOS it now just shows “Password” with a key next to it above keyboard rather than showing user name it plans to fill with. Would love some help with this.

This is controlled by the autofill feature itself. There are three different ways autofill can appear:

1. As it does in the screenshot you provided
    2. With the username listed on top of the keyboard
    3. As a large blue button with the username

We don't have a way to tell iOS which of these three to show — it makes that determination using its own logic. I'm not sure that we've figured out when it does which.

Also, one touch sign on appears to be inconsistent and it seems to be requesting my password too frequently.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "one touch sign on." As far as I'm aware we don't offer a feature that we refer to as such. Could you please elaborate about what you're trying to do? If you mean unlocking 1Password using Touch ID I'd suggest checking out this guide:

Use Touch ID to unlock 1Password on your iPhone or iPad

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@Naxterra

Could you please walk me through, step by step, how you are getting to that screen, starting from your home screen? As I say I'm not seeing that behavior on my own device using either the iOS autofill feature or Reddit's integration of the 1Password extension.

Ben

• dwr130
    dwr130
    Community Member
    Options

Re: what you wrote below. The behavior is not consistent between iPad and iPhone and changed on the iPad with the most recent update. The iPhone does #2 and the iPad used to do #2 but now only does #1 which is not convenient at all. I have the 2019 iPad Air with latest operating system. Is this possible to change this?

This is controlled by the autofill feature itself. There are three different ways autofill can appear:

1. As it does in the screenshot you provided
    2. With the username listed on top of the keyboard
    3. As a large blue button with the username
      We don't have a way to tell iOS which of these three to show — it makes that determination using its own logic. I'm not sure that we've figured out when it does which.
  • dwr130
    dwr130
    Community Member
    Options

And sorry not to be clear re:the below. Touch ID does not consistently work on the iPad. It asks me for my master password constantly.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "one touch sign on." As far as I'm aware we don't offer a feature that we refer to as such. Could you please elaborate about what you're trying to do? If you mean unlocking 1Password using Touch ID I'd suggest checking out this guide:

• Ben
    Options

@Naxterra

I'm glad to hear updating to the newer version of the iOS 13 beta helped. :+1:

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@dwr130

Is this possible to change this?

We have not found any way for us to define which UI the autofill feature will show. It uses its own logic to determine that, and as far as we're aware there is no way for a 3rd party data provider such as 1Password to request or demand one or the other.

And sorry not to be clear re:the below. Touch ID does not consistently work on the iPad. It asks me for my master password constantly.

After rebooting the device the autofill feature will always require the Master Password until the 1Password app has been launched and unlocked using the Master Password. Once you've done that step once you should be able to unlock autofill using Touch ID.

Ben

• dwr130
    dwr130
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Ben. I appreciate your responsiveness. And everything changed overnight. Suddenly, on my iPad it started showing the user name above the keyboard. It clearly does have a mind of its own.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2019
    Options

iOS Password Autofill seems to be context-aware to some extent, which can be useful, but I will admit that it throws me off sometimes too since it doesn't always present things the same, or as I'm expecting. I'm sure that Apple will keep iterating on it, as we continue to work with them as far as supporting this still relatively new feature. But I think that part of it is also just each of us getting used to it, as all of us using iOS for a long time have developed habits and expectations independent of Password Autofill. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.