Fingerprint not working on OnePlus 7 Pro (Android 10)

I am using 1Password 7.3 (stable). I also tested it with the Beta, but the same problem is occuring.
On my OnePlus 7 Pro I'm using the OxygenOS Android 10 Beta 2 and I've never ran into any problems with 1Password until now.
I deactivated Fingerprint in 1Password and when I tried to enable it again, I get the following error:

java.security.ProviderException: Keystore operation failed

I've already read every post on the forum accounting this problem and tried everything mentioned:
Removing fingerprints, restart device, re-enroll fingerprints, restart device: didn't work
Reinstalling the app, repeating the fingerprint steps above: didn't work
I also tried installing the beta, repeating the fingerprint steps above, but it also couldn't solve the problem, I am still getting the same error message. PIN Unlock works just fine, but I miss the convenient way of unlocking 1Password with my fingerprint.

I couldn't figure out if it is a problem of Android 10 or the 1Password version I am using.
It could be a problem of the optical fingerprint sensor of my OnePlus 7 Pro, but I hope this can be solved soon.
Thanks in advance for any help!

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:oneplus 7 pro fingerprint

Comments

• I'm having the same exact issue. I tried removing all fingerprints, rebooting and readding them but I get the same error still

• andiAGandiAG

Team Member

Hi @madotha and @ohjk I'm sorry to hear about the trouble that you're having with Fingerprint Unlock here.

It sounds like it would be a good idea for us to take a look at a diagnostics report for your devices to see if they provide more answers. To do this follow the instructions linked below:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to [email protected].

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/107570/fingerprint-not-working-on-oneplus-7-pro-android-10
    • Your forum username: @madotha / @ohjk

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you.

Cheers :)

• Hi @andiAG
    Thanks a lot for your help, regarding this issue!
    I've sent the diagnostics report to said email and I'm glad you're looking into this.
    So far, I haven't received a Support ID number (after 2 hours), but I'll post it on here as soon as I get it.

• andiAGandiAG

Team Member

No worries @madotha I've found your message, I'll respond to you there :)

• Im having this issue as well my fingerprint just wont register how to fix this please help

• periperi

Team Member

Hi @sardar98. Are you also using a OnePlus device? What version of Android are you using, and are you seeing any error messages when trying to enable Fingerprint Unlock?

• Hi, I have the same problem since i restarted my OnePlus 7 Pro running on 10.0.1.GN21BA.
    I get the same error message when trying to activate biometric unlock.
    java.security.ProviderException: Keystore operation failed

Also tried reinstalling, reimprinting and all the other things....

Help is really appreciated.

• periperi

Team Member

Unfortunately, there seem to be a few people having trouble with biometric unlock on the OnePlus 7 Pro, @bokoffzki. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to [email protected].

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/107570/fingerprint-not-working-on-oneplus-7-pro
    • Your forum username: bokoffzki

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file