To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgrade to v7 membership from v6 license retaining current password and login info, etc. How?

Options
sandy_pswd
sandy_pswd
Community Member

Clicked on link sent by support but it wants me to create a new account. How do I proceed without losing all my current info and password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Want to subscribe to v7 membership from v6 license. Clicked on link from support email but it asks to set up new password. Don't want to change my current password. Do want to retain all my current logins, etc. How do I proceed?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sandy_pswd!
    We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us several emails about this issue. So we don't duplicate the answers, we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: HMR-89597-842

• sandy_pswd
    sandy_pswd
    Community Member
    Options

I tried it again, following the instructions on the screen and amazingly it all happened on its own. V7 installed and my info migrated on its own. The only discrepancy with your support posts is that the folders did become tags - no big deal. Should I now delete v6 from my Mac? On iPad and iPhone, v7 seems to have overwritten v6. I now need to learn how to create vaults so I can share specific info with family members; one of whom uses a PC (will she be able to get access?) Don’t see an option to create a vault here on my iPad. How do I create a vault? Must that be done on my Mac?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sandy_pswd:

Thank you for the update!

Should I now delete v6 from my Mac?

Yes, if everything is now inside 1Password 7, you can delete 1Password 6 from your system.

will she be able to get access

Yes, we also have an app for Windows that you can download if she uses a PC.

Don’t see an option to create a vault here on my iPad. How do I create a vault? Must that be done on my Mac?

It's under Settings > Vaults > New Vault inside the 1Password app for iOS, so you don't need a Mac for this :)

To avoid duplicating support efforts, I will close this conversation so we can just keep the one via email.

This discussion has been closed.