WiFi Syncing - One Laptop; Two iPads

Options
Jimson_Weed
Jimson_Weed
Community Member

Dear Agilebits,

Would appreciate your help.

I have a Macbook with 1Password 7 (stand-alone license) that that is shared with my wife, so each of us have a user account on the same computer (UserA, UserB). We each also have an ipad.

Question:

If using the Macbook logged in as UserA, and UserA has three 1Password vaults (Primary (default), UserA vault, and UserB vault), can UserB vault data be WiFi synched to UserB’s iPad?, or can only one iOS device (e.g., iPad) be synched with the laptop?

Ideally, I would like to keep both UserA and UserB vault data within the same laptop account log in (e.g., UserA) for additions or updates, but be able to WiFi sync the data to the two different iPads (UserA vault to UserA iPad and UserB vault to UserB iPad).

I know that UserB could keep a separate 1Password vault under their laptop log in, but if UserB makes changes to a common item also used by UserA, UserA won’t have the updated data.

A this time Dropbox, iCloud, or 1Password cloud sync solutions are not an option. I know I am being difficult.

What can you recommend as the most efficient solution for what I am trying to do?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 7 for Mac
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.4
Sync Type: WiFi
Referrer: forum-search:sync

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Jimson_Weed

To be honest it isn't something we had in mind when we developed the WLAN server, and as such it isn't a scenario that we've done any official testing for. If Dropbox, iCloud, and 1Password.com are out it sounds like your only option would be to try it and see. :) Please let us know how it turns out if you decide to do so. For what it's worth, the WLAN server is no longer a solution that we recommend. It was developed years ago before syncing via 1Password.com was a viable offering, and largely remains unchanged since that time. It hasn't kept up with modern demands. 1Password.com is the way forward. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.