Have 1Password Mini keep the search results until I clear the Search box

When I pull up 1Password Mini to grab a password and paste it in a non-browser apps, I sometimes need to pull up 1P Mini a couple of times. As an example, I need to re-log into an app on my machine and I need to manually copy my password into the field and click Login. Next, I need to supply my OTP for that app, requiring me to reopen 1Password Mini a second time.

Because the search is cleared each time I pull up 1P Mini, I have to search again for the credentials and copy the OTP code so I can paste it in the app.

If an option to keep the search results when I open 1P Mini again, this would save me a step. The search results could clear after a few minutes of time (or I can click the X to clear the search box).

I know this is not a feature everyone would want on, so it could be set up as an option in Preferences.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1909
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password mini

Comments

• bundtkatebundtkate

Team Member

While mini won't save the search itself, @frankoc, it should remember the last used item and place it conveniently at the bottom of the list eliminating the need to search again. One issue I'm aware of is that if you open mini with Ctrl + Alt + \ instead of clicking the 1Password icon in your system tray, it has a tendency to forget that last used item. However, if you open it by clicking first, then use Ctrl + Alt + \ after, it remembers it. We're working on getting that working more reliably, but the feature is there and if you make sure to access mini by clicking at the start it should avoid the need to redo that search. :+1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file