Passwords copied to a vault are flagged as Reused

Options
wildpack
wildpack
Community Member

I have set up a “shared” vault into which I COPY items from my "Personal" vault. Mostly this works. However, items which are of the “Password” category show up as “Reused Passwords” in WATCHTOWER.

My idea was that the secondary member has a copy of important information, but if they decide to delete or screw stuff up, the original is untouched in the Personal vault. A read-only vault would be OK, but I don't seem to see this capability.

I set up the "All Vaults" to show my "Personal" vault and "From other person" vault.
The Other Person would set up "All Vaults" to show "Personal" vault and "From me" vault.

thanks
Doug

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @wildpack :)

We generally don't recommend storing multiple copies of items across various vaults, for exactly the reason you've found. Read only should be an option for the vault, though.

1. Log in at https://my.1password.com
    2. Select the gear icon at the bottom left corner of the vault on the dashboard
    3. Select the gear icon next to the person or group that you want to change access for

Does that work? Please let me know.

Ben

• wildpack
    wildpack
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, now I know how to make a read-only vault :). Could not find that info.

So, shareable stuff goes into a shareable vault. Personal vault is what the name says - Personal.

Need to re-think my organization of items, but I think I'm okay now. Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear that worked out. :) Sorry it wasn't easier to find the info. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.