How can I solve this use case?

Options

I have encountered a use case today that I didn't know how to efficiently solve.

I was in the city and went to the University library to print something before they closed in 10 minutes, so I had to rush. In order to print from the workstations there, I needed to log in with my credentials. The problem was that I had changed the password for my account to a 30 character password with numbers and special characters. I had my iPhone with 1Password with me, but it seemed unpractical to copy the password character by character in the 10 minutes I had left before they closed. So I was curious as to what the solution to a use case like this is. Obviously I couldn't open 1Password Anywhere on the workstation, as I needed to log in first. This is also relevant when I'm not pressed for time, as copying a 30 char password is very unpractical. The printers there are only hooked up to the workstations, so I couldn't use my MacBook.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2013
    Options

Use the "pronounceable" option in 1Password's generator for passwords you need to manually type (or remember, although Diceware may be best for those). If you use a Diceware password for Dropbox (as well as your Master Password), it's pretty simple to use 1PasswordAnywhere…well, anywhere. :)

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

• manny
    manny
    Community Member
    Options

Yup, thanks @khad!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Cheers! Enjoy the rest of your week. :D

This discussion has been closed.