Import from Lastpass - Import all entries, but added all information in Notes sections also

Options

I recently moved to 1Password for Mac and I did import all my 505 entries from Lastpass using the import features. It imported all entries in appropriate sections and also all the contents of each entries are imported into that Notes sections of that entries too.. (Which is a plain text). I cant remove notes for each and every items. This leaves me unsecure..

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, Sankara.

Including all your imported data in item notes fields is intentional. Here's what it says about that in the import article:

Regardless of the format, 1Password captures every field of data from your source file in the notes field of the item it creates just in case something extra was there or 1Password doesn’t have a field dedicated to that field in the source file.

It might eventually be possible to import those extra fields directly into user-defined custom fields or have the option to exclude them …

Note: We’re exploring ways to make this more flexible in the future.

I hope that helps. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, Sankara.

This change has been made in 4.1.2.BETA-4:

• CSV Imports now populate custom fields.

Instead of extra fields being in notes fields they're now in custom fields under the Other Fields section, e.g.:

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a description of the CSV column set to do this? Is this available in Mac version only?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014
    Options

Hi, @mzel.

There's a description of the general CSV input format in this article:

How can I import data from another application?

It only applies to importing with 1Password 4 for Mac.

The article says:

Regardless of the format, 1Password captures every field of data from your source file in the notes field of the item it creates just in case something extra was there or 1Password doesn’t have a field dedicated to that field in the source file.

That's been superseded with the change in 4.1.2.BETA-4:

• CSV Imports now populate custom fields.

For example, start with this CSV input example from the article:

"Space, the final frontier","https://starfleet.org","jkirk","2.6U3\\NTCTP\".g9h","These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise."

The Login item created by importing it with 4.1/4.1.1 has these details:

Details importing with 4.1.2.BETA-4 (and newer):

Now add three extra fields to the CSV input. Details importing with 4.1/4.1.1:

Details importing with 4.1.2.BETA-4 (and newer):

No more redundant or extra fields in the notes field.

And secondary vaults can be handy for testing importing and/or storing imported data more permanently.

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @sjk
    Is this working on logins only or other entry types too?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @mzel.

It'll work for other items created during importing, except Secure Notes because those don't support custom fields.

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member
    Options

Will those custom fields be visible in the Windows/Android version?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014
    Options
  • mzel
    mzel
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I subscribed for v4 Win beta, but did not get the link yet. BTW, do you know if beta needs a full license?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @mzel.

I'm not involved with Windows and Android beta testing, though am confident that neither requires any type of license. If you have other questions about either I suggest posting on their respective forums where the action is. :)

This discussion has been closed.