Uninstalling 1Password 3 (while 1Password 4 is installed) / Adding a password field on the mac app

Options
juanpark80
juanpark80
Community Member

I've sent in an email to AgileBits support on October 8th with my questions and got back an automated reply asking for time.
I have waited patiently and now it has been almost three weeks. I have grown impatient and hopefully I can seek answers here.

1. Uninstalling 1Password 3
    I installed 1Password 4 thinking that it would automatically remove or install over 1Password 3. I was mistaken and 1Password 3 remains.
    I would like to know the proper procedure for uninstalling 1Password 3 without removing any necessary files necessary for 1Password 4.
    I was going to use AppCleaner but held off when I found files that looked like they belonged to 1Password 4 included within the cleanup list.

2. Adding a password field on the mac app
    I may be just unaware of the method. On the iOS version of 1Password I can easily add and customize additional fields.
    For example I can add a field and easily change the format to "password" so the field acts like a password field (e.g. hiding the contents within the field). For some reason I can't replicate this behavior on the 1Password Mac OS X version. I am forced to customize my templates on the iOS version when I would rather work on them on the Mac OS X version. I would like to know if this is possible on the Mac and if so, how it can be done.

Thank you!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

As to your first question, there have been other posts about this. You may find this thread helpful.

Stephen

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

@juanpark80

1. Adding a password field on the mac app I may be just unaware of the method. On the iOS version of 1Password I can easily add and customize additional fields. For example I can add a field and easily change the format to "password" so the field acts like a password field (e.g. hiding the contents within the field). For some reason I can't replicate this behavior on the 1Password Mac OS X version. I am forced to customize my templates on the iOS version when I would rather work on them on the Mac OS X version. I would like to know if this is possible on the Mac and if so, how it can be done.

Your solution is the current recommended work around by the staff. I do the same thing. So to sum up you can create the password field on the Mac but it will not conceal. Instead create on the iOS device for a fully working password field aka concealable.

Not ideal but it does work.

• juanpark80
    juanpark80
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

@Stephen_C
    @thightower

Thank you both for the information!
    Hopefully AgileBits will soon be able to have the time to address both these issues.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @juanpark80. Glad those other guys were helpful, as they so often are. :)

Minor followup to both issues, which we want to better address in the future:

1. Also refer to @MikeT's post (#41) here:

How to uninstall 1Password 3 when installing 4?

2. From Known Issues in 1Password 4 for Mac:

• When adding custom fields, only text type is currently supported. This means you cannot choose a password type to make the field concealable like the main password fields at this time.
  • juanpark80
    juanpark80
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk
    Thank you~
    1. The post was exactly what I was looking for~
    2. Hopefully AgileBits will be able to address this issue soon!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @juanpark80. I also hope it won't be too long until custom field types are supported after the higher priority bug fix updates settle down. :)

This discussion has been closed.