2FA on gmx.net and web.de

The 2FA is available today at gmx.net and web.de.
But the 2FA code is not inserted automatically.

Can you please take a look at what's different?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

Hi @blaxxz! I started with creating an account on gmx.net, but I'm wondering where you have the option to enable 2FA. I figured it'd be under My Account > Security Options, but I don't see it. I'm only seeing options to change my password, email address, phone number, and security questions.

For web.de, I click the "Register for free" button on this page, and instead of going to a page where I can create an account, I'm brought back to the main web.de page. I'm not sure what's going on there, but I'm unable to create a test account at all. Instead, perhaps you could paste the HTML for the 2FA field in your reply. To do that, you'll right click on the 2FA field when asked for it, then select Inspect. It should bring you straight to the code for the field you right clicked on. Thanks!

• You can only see the 2FA option if a Phone number is deposited.

web.de: https://registrieren.web.de/?rupi=dec7b07b-c16d-406e-a145-e12520444c23#.pc_page.homepage.index.loginbox_1.registrierung

This here?

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

@blaxxz – Thanks for sending over the screenshot for me! I don't believe we look for "twofa" when attempting to fill a 2FA code, so that seems to be where the issue lies. I haven't personally seen it coded that way before, so I'm glad you reached out about this.

Is the HTML the same between both of the sites you mentioned? I've got the issue filed for gmx.net, but I want to make sure it covers both. :)

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#567

• GMX and web.de belong to 1&1 Mail & Media GmbH.
    They are pretty much the same as the construction and design.
    The code should therefore be the same.

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

@blaxxz – Awesome. I noticed the sites were pretty similar, but I figured I'd double check just in case. :+1:

• Thank you ;)

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

My pleasure! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file