Temporarily removing Desktop App Integration

124»

Comments

• ag_yaronag_yaron

Team Member

Thanks for sharing your thoughts @onepwdusr .
    We wouldn't have done it if we didn't find it absolutely necessary. We assure you we're not thrilled about having to unlock without Touch ID either here :)

Thank you for your support and patience. We're working non-stop to get this feature re-built.

• Why is it soooo laggy when you type your password in on the chrome extension? Honestly s**t my pants, thinking I've typed my password in somewhere else, like slack, like 5x a day...

viva el touch id

• ag_yaronag_yaron

Team Member

Hey @Gillr ,

I'm not sure what might be causing your extension to lag. Could it be that you're using Chrome and have an external monitor connected?

• Thanks for the reply @ag_yaron
    Ahhh yes external monitor, is that it! Damn!

• ag_yaronag_yaron

Team Member

Well, @Gillr , the good news is that this is just a Chromium graphical glitch (affecting multiple extensions) that looks like lag, so you can either move Chrome to your built-in display to avoid it, or you can simply keep typing your Master Password even if it looks like nothing is being typed in, and hit Enter to unlock 1Password X.

The bad news is that this has been going on for quite a while now and we don't know when the Chromium team will address this. Either way, I hope these suggestions will help you overcome the glitch.

• Agree completely with @throwaway123, and would also like an official channel for tracking this specific "missing functionality bug"

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi folks,

We love being able to have open and honest conversations with our customers, but that is only possible if we all remain respectful of each other. Wishing malice on our team members is not acceptable. Nobody should have to come to work in fear or distress because of comments left on this forum. We offer this platform as a means for open communication with our customers as well as the information security community at large. For that to be productive there are ground rules which everyone agrees to when joining. As a reminder, they can be found here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/83005/forum-rules-reminders-read-before-posting#latest

These rules are essential to maintaining a safe and open environment. Posts which violate them will be removed and further action may be taken if deemed necessary.

We understand the frustrations that stem from the removal of this feature from our beta offerings. Betas exist for the purpose of testing changes. Not all tests are successful, and not everything you see in a beta is guaranteed to come to fruition. Fortunately in this case this is only a temporary setback and we fully intend to deliver on integration between 1Password X and the 1Password desktop apps. Many of us, myself included, were heavy users of Desktop App Integration and are as anxious as you to see it return.

I look forward to hearing more about how we can best make Desktop App Integration work for you as we move forward with our efforts to give it new life.

Thank you.

Ben

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

and would also like an official channel for tracking this

This thread and the 1Password X beta release notes would be the best way to track updates. :+1: We will post here when more information is available.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file