Copy passwort shortcut

Options
PLMan
PLMan
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

In 1P 7 beta shortcut for copying passwords disapeared. In 1P 6 it was Comand+Shift+C. In 1P 7 there is option in menu for it but shortcut is not assigned. I really miss this shortcut.

1Password Version: 7.0 beta 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4 (17E199)
Sync Type: Dropbox

[Note from 1Password team: this Mac Beta discussion is now closed and further discussion currently continues in Cmd + Shift + C does not copy password of server anymore]

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PLMan - yep, the shortcuts need to be re-wired to the new processes in 1Password 7 for Mac. Some of them are essentially unchanged, others are entirely new. It's on the "to-do" list. Thanks for reporting! :)

• ovl
    ovl
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hey there,
    I’ve noticed that the keyboard shortcut for copying items to the clipbaord seems to have been removed in the Beta of 1PW 7. Are there plans to reimplement this?
    CMD + F -> Navigate with arrow keys to correct item -> CMD + Shift + C to copy password was a pretty neat routine for everything not related to logging in in browsers.

Otherwise y’all did pretty neat work <3

Oscar

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-5
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: macOS 10.13.2
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Please see this thread where that was already reported—and where AgileBits indicated that it was on the "to do" list.

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Merged. Thanks. :)

Ben

• ovl
    ovl
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, thanks. Missed this one. Good to know that they will be back :)

• Ben
    Options

No worries. :)

Ben

• PLMan
    PLMan
    Community Member
    Options

Month later and shortcut is still missing. This breaks workflow of users. When you decide that shortcut will be back nobody will remember that there were such useful feature...

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Does this AgileBits' post help at all?

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PLMan: If you're still using the same beta, you should be seeing the same issue. please update to the latest beta and see if that helps. :)

• PLMan
    PLMan
    Community Member
    Options

@Stephen - thank you, it helps - I didn't found it before and in menu "Item" this shortcut is not listed
    @brenty - no, I'm not using the same beta, I'm on beta 18

Common remark: I think that there should be more detailed info about changes between betas. Shortcut was added but I didn't find any info about it. It shows that bug ticket system can be very useful.

Keep working!

• Ben
    Options

Keep working!

Always. :) Glad to hear the post Stephen pointed out helped. Thanks for the feedback.

Ben

• PLMan
    PLMan
    Community Member
    Options

Update: cmd+shift+c works in 1Password main window for login items but doesn't work for safe notes with password field. Checked on 1P7 final.

• Ben
    Options

@PLMan

Secure Notes don't have a password field by default. Our keyboard shortcuts only know about fields that are part of the template.

Ben

• PLMan
    PLMan
    Community Member
    Options

So in 1P6 it was working better as shortcut was working on such fields in safe notes. And AgileBits DNA is to make progress not to step back :) So maybe you can improve 1P and make shortcut working with first password field on any type of item.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2018
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @PLMan. I actually was not aware this worked in v6. I'll file an issue with development and see if this is something we can address.

Ben

ref: apple-1376

• PLMan
    PLMan
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you in advance! You were able to create 1P for Windows working so improving shortcut for Mac will be a pice of cake.

• Ben
    Options

Heh. Hopefully. :)

Ben

• Ben
    Options

Hi @PLMan

I heard back from development. They're reporting that this will work, but the password field needs to be the second field in the Secure Note item for it to end up on that keyboard shortcut.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• rudy
    Options

@PLMan,

For reference, and because its no longer available in the Release Notes listing, the keyboard shortcuts were added prior to 7.0.BETA-1:

[IMPROVED] Added new keyboard shortcuts for copying usernames, passwords, and one-time passwords quickly and easily. {OPM-3053}

Rudy

• PLMan
    PLMan
    Community Member
    Options

@rudy - thank you for info, the problem was caused by different shortcut behaviour than in 1P6.

@Ben - I really don't understand why to preach to the converted. We have now 2 different pieces of code to do the same. Old one which can be used from menu: Item/Copy password and new one which is for shortcut. The problem is that old was working and is working but new works only in certain situation. Why not to add shortcut to menu item and solve the problem? I'm programming for 30 years and really don't understand how somebody made code which is working only for passwords if they are not in first field. It is logical that good programmer creates code which works well in as wide context as possible. I can't find reason that somebody decided to create new code for something which was already working well.

• Ben
    Options

@PLMan

I don’t really have an answer for that other than to say that is the current situation, and perhaps we can do better in the future.

Ben

• ericyy
    ericyy
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Upvote this !!!
    I need you guys to recovery this shortcut, too!
    I don't want to check if the password is in the second field or not. That's inefficient.
    1Password should be a productivity tool, not slow down my daily works.

And another thing is, every time, i need to generate a password in any sign up page, here is what i do:
    1. Option+Command+\
    2. Down arrow to generate password
    3. Press Enter twice
    Then the password will be pasted in the fields.
    But now, i'm confused. Tell me what is the best way to do this?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ericyy: I think that's a bit off topic, and I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Feel free to start a new discussion for that.

Regarding the topic of this discussion, ⌘ ⇧ C works for copying the password of the selected item.

This discussion has been closed.