bug: was able to see all vaults from within any given vault

Options
JamesHenderson
JamesHenderson
Community Member

Something bizarre just happened. In the main interface, no matter what vault I was in, I was actually seeing "all vaults", This stopped after I quite and restarted.

I have no clue what triggered it.

1Password Version: 7.03
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: personal

Comments

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

OK, this has happened again and it is starting to annoy me. See picture below:

I am not sure if this is related or not, but it is also no longer starting in my "always open to" vault - it is simply remembering the previous vault.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

...and I cannot see anything in any vault other than "archive". Pic shows my personal vault select but only items in archive are visible...

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

so restarting my Mac seemed to have fixed it. I started back in my personal vault again.

However, when I changed to a different vault I got stuck again. ie. it doesn't matter which vault I now change to, I can only see items from that first vault I changed to.

OK, so I am going to have to restart my Mac again ...and downgrade to v6.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@JamesHenderson

I'm sorry for the trouble. This is a known bug and our developers are aware of it. Thanks for reporting in. :)

ref: apple-1496

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

@Corey_C no problem - I have temporarily downgraded to v6 as it was stopping me from doing my work. Could you please let me know when it is fixed so I can go back to v7?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@JamesHenderson I will try but you can also keep an eye on our release notes which can be found over at https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

will do - but there is no RSS feed and so it is a manual check (until I forget) :chuffed:

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

:+1: :)

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

@brenty hello again (continuing from the "downgrade" thread.

It's the weekend now so am happy to upgrade in order to run diagnostics, but if I can't get it to work, I will need to be back on v6 by Monday - thanks! (although perhaps 7.01 will be enough as I only saw the problem on v7.03).

I was originally MAS, but changed to Agilebits to upgrade. Given I have the choice, is there a recommended preference?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JamesHenderson: It doesn't make a difference as far as the app itself, but you'll need a license for the AgileBits Store version. If you'll include your Mac App Store receipt I can give you a license for the same version.

Switching between versions is easy. You'll just need to quit 1Password completely (⌘⌥⌃Q), drag 1Password to the Trash, and then install the other version. If you run into any hiccups with that, restarting your Mac can help, but I do it all the time and rarely encounter any trouble. You can do this to switch to version 7, and then again to go back to 6.

If you can reproduce the same issue in version 7, please generate a diagnostic report so we can look to see if that helps us find a solution to the problem:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#XPT-81754-652]

If you’re reading this and you are not JamesHenderson, this Support ID is for JamesHenderson only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Thanks in advance!

ref: XPT-81754-652

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty - thanks. I do have a personal subscription (I moved from an individual licence when subscriptions first came out) so I don't need a licence for the AgileBits store version, do I? As the MAS is still shown g 7.01 as the latest version, I guess I will need to use the AgileBits version to get 7.03 (the version where I saw the problem first).

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty OK, back on MAS 7.0.1 which is working fine. I think I only saw the problem when I installed 7.03 from AgileBits so will wait for MAS to catch ups and let you know.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

I think this thread is the same issue...

• snipes
    snipes
    Community Member
    Options

Just upgraded from 7.0.1 to 7.0.3 MAS version and hit this as well. Quite annoying as I'm in the process of migrating items between vaults.

What I have found to work is close the main 1password app window. Open 1password mini from the menubar. Select the vault you want to use to the left of the Search box. Then reopen the main app.

It will now be stuck on this vault until you repeat the process of closing it and select a new vault to search in mini.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

@snipes - thanks for that tip!

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@snipes

Thanks for that tip, the bug about drove me crazy yesterday till I recalled the discussions.

• cruise2001
    cruise2001
    Community Member
    Options

@snipes Thanks, very useful!

• dteare
    Options

Woops! Sorry for the regression folks. I'm seeing it here as well. We'll get this fixed up.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

@dteare - thanks for recognising this. Take a look at @snipes workaround above - it'll keep you sane :+1:

• cruise2001
    cruise2001
    Community Member
    Options

@dteare Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks folks. :)

Ben

• snipes
    snipes
    Community Member
    Options

It's working correctly again in 7.0.4. Thanks for the quick fix.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

:+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@snipes: Likewise, thanks for confirming! Glad that helped. :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JamesHenderson: It sounds like you should be all set to, but we're here if you need us. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.