1Password for Mac 5.0.1 crashes upon opening in OS X Yosemite

Options
Andrew Beno
Andrew Beno
Community Member

Pretty sure it was working just fine prior to me upgrading to OS X Yosemite v10.10. An older version of 1Password (v.3.8.22 build 32010) that I still have on my laptop opens just fine, but I can't seem to figure out why the latest version isn't working. Below is some output from the crash report that's generated if it helps, any ideas?

Process: 1Password 5 [2088]
Path: /Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password 5
Identifier: com.agilebits.onepassword4
Version: ???
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: 1Password 5 [2088]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2014-10-25 10:41:29.340 -0400
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10 (14A389)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: 8A06E837-61A0-4626-2374-A3F17654723E

Sleep/Wake UUID: 1C1ECC94-A722-434B-8DD6-B8CC81FFEC5B

Time Awake Since Boot: 19000 seconds
Time Since Wake: 270 seconds

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @loader_path/Frameworks/CrashReporter.framework/Versions/A/CrashReporter
Referenced from: /Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/HockeySDK.framework/Versions/A/HockeySDK
Reason: image not found

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Andrew Beno‌ I haven't seen that error before but I wonder if deleting your current copy and re-downloading a fresh copy might help. The error seems to be suggesting something is missing from your particular copy but no idea how that would have happened. When I say delete I mean just the program in your Application folder, you'll want to leave all of the files in Library alone so if a fresh copy installed into your Applications folder works, then you won't have to do anything - it'll all be as it was before it broke.

• Perry
    Perry
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. Autoupdated from the most recent version of 1Password 4.x to 5.x and boom ... the key part of the crashlog appears to be:

Dyld Error Message:
      Library not loaded: @loader_path/Frameworks/CrashReporter.framework/Versions/A/CrashReporter
      Referenced from: /Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/HockeySDK.framework/Versions/A/HockeySDK
      Reason: image not found

which probably means the crash reports aren't reaching AgileBits :-) I can post/send the whole thing if it's of any interest.

I'll do a manual download and install which I'm sure will work.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

An older version of 1Password (v.3.8.22 build 32010) that I still have on my laptop opens just fine

I'm wondering whether this is related to the problem of having more than one copy of 1P on a disk or disks connected to your machine when using Yosemite. There have been problems arising from that. See, for example, the explanation in this post from AgileBits.

Stephen

• Perry
    Perry
    Community Member
    Options

A fresh copy just downloaded from the AgileBits website works fine. So there's something borked with the update in place from 4.x to 5.x (or, alternatively, a gremlin happened to throw a fit in my /Applications folder and the issue will never be figured out).

• Hi @Perry,

Sorry for the trouble! We're investigating some rare cases where the app somehow gets corrupted (the HockeyApp framework is missing). Re-installing the app is the current fix.

For anyone else having the issue, this should fix it:

• Open your Applications folder
    • Locate the 1Password 5.app in the list
    • Drag it to the trash can.

• Please don't use any uninstaller applications, these may remove more than just the application, such as your data. We do not recommend that. We only want to remove the application, none of the extra items.
    • After dragging it to the trash, please empty your trash, then restart your computer.

• After the reboot, please download a fresh copy of 1Password 5 from here: https://agilebits.com/downloads
    • Once downloaded, unzip if necessary and drag it to the Applications folder. Then double click to run it.
  • Andrew Beno
    Andrew Beno
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks all for the help, I appreciate it - I'm back in business after deleting / re-installing the app.. feel like a complete newb for not trying that to begin with!

Andy

• lantrix
    lantrix
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Happened for me as well with 4.x upgraded to 5.0.1 and haven't been able to run it for days since 10.10 was installed. Today after still not hearing from support I used Ap Zapper to get rid of it and did a fresh install from the website. All working again. Something wrong with what was left after the upgrade.

• Andrew, glad to hear that worked!

@lantrix‌, glad to hear you got it sorted, albeit a bit more difficultly.

This discussion has been closed.