Syncing issues with some items.

Options

I created a new vault this evening and then moved 10 items from my vault to the new vault using the Mac app. After I moved the items I got adventurous and followed the starting over document to start fresh on the Mac app to only show the team vaults. Once I was set up on the Mac app I noticed that the 10 items that I had previously moved to the new vault were still showing in my vault on the web app as well as on iOS. Nothing I do seems to make them move over. I tried to copy one of the items but it still does not sync to the new vault even though they show in that vault on the Mac app. I do not see any errors on these items like I saw referenced in other posts. I also emptied the trash on the Mac app but it will not empty even though the web app shows no items in the trash. I created another vault and copied some items previously this evening and those worked fine as well as moving some items to another vault that was preexisting.

Not sure if it matters but the items that I am having an issue with are all database items.

1Password Version: 5.5.BETA-30 (550030)
Extension Version: 4.5.0.b3
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    Options

I was trying to take a fresh look this morning about some of the syncing issues I was seeing last night. I removed my team account from the Mac app and added it back. This brought the Mac app back in sync with the web and iOS versions. I also deleted the vault I created last night and added it back. After trying several combinations of moving/copying vaults and items it seems that my issue may be with my vault and the two vaults that I created yesterday. When I try to copy or move an item out of any of these three vaults it will work on the Mac app but does not sync. If I try to copy or move an item between any of my other vaults it works as expected. If I try to copy or move an item from another vault into my vault or one of the two new vaults it will not sync.

• qwrenly
    qwrenly
    Community Member
    Options

I've been having major syncing issues too, especially for another team member. Copying items between their vaults and the everyone vault worked on their Mac, but didn't sync to other team members, nor their other device properly. Moving them back and forth trying to get sync. Eventually their items seemed to be STAYING in their My Vault. So decided I'd log them out and sign back in again to hopefully rectify the everyone folder syncing issue... Bam. Absolutely everything they had in their My Vault is gone. Disaster. In a hurried panic I've taken their mobile device offline (Airport mode) to prevent it syncing and deleting everything, and I'm manually transferring (reading and typing) nearly 100 of their items (hopefully thats all they had) into a text file before it's finally lost. Damn. Spent sooo much time getting this all done. I'm gonna have to find out how I can export/backup all my own items (numbering nearly 200) from my own team vault before this happens to me... Scary stuff :angry:

• matt_schuh
    matt_schuh
    Community Member
    Options

Exporting is fairly simple. From the desktop app, if they are present there, file>export>all/selected depending on your needs.

I am also having major sync issues. I just had an authentication issue solved today with the beta update, however my sync issues are still present. I have quite a few passwords that I added through the web client. When I use the desktop client to move them, they can be removed from the web client but won't be readded. This is a huge problem. For example, all passwords were added to "My Vault." When I right click an item (Desktop app), hover over share>"new vault">move, it will move it just fine on the desktop app. The item will be removed from "My Vault" and moved to "New Vault." However on the web app, it will only remove it from "My Vault" and will not add it to "New Vault." Thus, this password is now lost. If I had done this with all items, they would all be lost for good. Considering the large amount of time I've put into entering these passwords in the first place, this is horrible behavior. If you want to test moving things to other vaults, please copy them, do not move until this is fixed. It still doesn't work for me (copying) but at least it won't cause permanent data loss.

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure if this is related to the syncing issue but I cannot export any items at the moment from any of my vaults.

• matt_schuh
    matt_schuh
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having no issues with it, so it is likely unrelated. What happens when you try to export? Mine only works when I have a vault selected vs all vaults selected. If all vaults is selected, export will be greyed out.

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    Options

@matt_schuh yeah it only shows the option when a single vault is selected for me as well. Whenever I try to export it won't take my master password. It keeps shaking the box and highlighting the entered password like its wrong but it doesn't pop up an error message. This happens on both export all items and export selected items.

• matt_schuh
    matt_schuh
    Community Member
    Options

Have you changed your master password or logged in to the desktop app with a separate account? I've had problems with it taking a different password to unlock the vault and to export items. E.g. unlocking the vault always took the first master password I ever entered on the desktop app, while exporting items took the password to the account I was currently signed in to. If you've ever used a different account or master password on the desktop app, I would try those as well.

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    Options

I actually went through the starting over document yesterday and signed in to the app with just my teams password which hasn't changed. I had previously changed my original password to my old primary vault. I will try that one and see if that works by chance.

• matt_schuh
    matt_schuh
    Community Member
    Options

I hope it works for you.
    As a side note, if you are also experiencing data loss due to moving passwords between vaults, I have created a separate issue here so that I don't hijack yours.

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately it looks like neither my current teams password or my old primary vault password seems to work to export.

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    Options

5.5.BETA-31 seems to have resolved the syncing issues that I was experiencing.

• That's great to hear.

Rick

• qwrenly
    qwrenly
    Community Member
    Options

@matt_schuh On first install/launch I opted to immediately sign in with my teams account (a new option which appeared with the latest beta) so I do not have a redundant Primary vault, nor a separate masterpassword. Maybe that is the reason I don't have the option to export my Team vaults... given the syncing issues I'm reluctant to start logging out and running any tests for fear of breaking it. Nearly 300 items in my team vaults, spent sooo many hours manually entering data correctly and sorting :chuffed:

My other full post here > https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/261010/#Comment_261010

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    Options

@qwrenly I had run across another issue yesterday by doing the team only set up. I was not able to export items either. It kept highlighting the password like it was in error but gave no message. I switched back to the traditional set up by creating a primary vault and then logging in to my teams account and was able to export properly.

I created a separate post to address the exporting issue. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/54477/bug-exporting-issue-when-using-the-teams-only-setup?new=1

• Hi @qwrenly,

Ah... so that answers things I asked on the other thread. Yes the Export option is currently broken when only using Teams. I've filed a bug for it and we'll get it fixed up as soon as we can.

Rick

• qwrenly
    qwrenly
    Community Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

@rickfillion With the latest update to 1Password 5 Version 5.5.BETA-32 (550032) the export option has become available for me to click when viewing an individual vault (obviously not the All Vaults view), however when trying to Export > All Items my 1Password for Teams master password is not accepted, and I'm definitely 100% entering it correctly. No idea what to do... Export > Selected Items... DOES work. Is this a known bug?

PS. thanks for filing the bug report on my behalf and getting this fixed, I really like 1Password and want to make this all work so that I can continue using it well into the future.

• @qwrenly it's a known bug as of yesterday. We'll get it fixed up. Sorry about this.

Rick

• qwrenly
    qwrenly
    Community Member
    Options

FYI Exporting is now working correctly, great job, thanks very much :)

• Great! Thank you for the update, @qwrenly.

Happy to see you testing things on Christmas day. Just like me :)

This discussion has been closed.