My iPad app is the our family purchased app, how do I change the free version to our paid version?

Options
lswitzer
lswitzer
Community Member

We purchased a family license, I downloaded the app on my iPad but I cannot add another vault unless I purchase the Pro version, on my iPhone the correct version installed. How do I fix it on my iPad?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My iPad app is the our family purchased app, how do I change the free version to our paid version?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @lswitzer,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. The 1Password for iOS Pro features are sold separately from any other 1Password purchase, and are sold per-Apple ID. Family Sharing does not work for in-app purchases, unfortunately:

What types of content can I share with Family Sharing? - Apple Support

If you are using the same Apple ID on both the iPhone and iPad, you'd need to follow these instructions to get setup:

Are separate PRO licenses needed for each iOS device? - AgileBits Support Forum

Thanks!

Ben

• lswitzer
    lswitzer
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    Thanks, but that was not my question. Our family sharing vault is what I am looking to add to my iPad, it works for my iPhone when I downloaded the family share app version. Is there a limit on the number of devices for the family share apps? Not looking to buy the Pro version just adding the family vault to my iPad app.

• Ben
    Options

@lswitzer,

Adding the family vault to the iPad requires having the Pro features. If the Pro features have not been activated you will not be able to add the vault. My understanding was that you were saying that the Pro features were not activated on the iPad. Am I understanding incorrectly?

If so, and you do have the Pro features showing up correctly on the iPad, you can follow this guide for syncing the family vault to it:

Sync | 1Password for iOS

Thanks!

Ben

• lswitzer
    lswitzer
    Community Member
    Options

We have purchased the Pro features. As stated it works fine on my iPhone, just not activated on my iPad. I think the issue is that i initially downloaded the app not as our family purchase, but as the free download version. I have deleted that app and re-installed using our family share Pro version, however, that version does not install and the initial free version re-installs. Only allowing me to add a "Demo" vault or purchase the Pro version.

• lswitzer
    lswitzer
    Community Member
    Options

Here is a screen shot from my iPhone

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @lswitzer!

If you downloaded the copy of 1Password on your iPad using the same Apple ID you used to buy Pro Features, you should be able unlock them easily! Go to Settings > Pro Features (where you went to get the screen shot you posted above), then tap Restore Purchase. You'll need to confirm that you want to restore, then you'll be good to go!

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

• lswitzer
    lswitzer
    Community Member
    Options

I tried that. Unfortunately it is under my wife's Apple ID.

• Ben
    Options

Then you would need to make the Pro features purchase from your wife's Apple ID as well. As I mentioned the Pro features for 1Password for iOS are sold on a per-Apple ID basis.

Ben

• lswitzer
    lswitzer
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,

Thanks. With your clarification of "Pro features for 1Password for iOS are sold on a per-Apple ID basis", I wonder why the Pro features are active on iPassword for iOS installed on my iPhone, and not the 1Password for iOS installed on my iPad. To be clear, the Pro features were purchased only on my wife's Apple ID. I've downloaded 1Password for iOS via iTunes Family Sharing. Just downloading and installing 1Password for iOS on my iPhone has resulted in the Pro features being activated - note, I have not purchased the Pro features using my Apple ID, but yes, they are active on the iPhone.

Therefore, my expectation would be to have the same behavior on the iPad. But you are saying that this is not possible, but to purchase the Pro features via the in-app purchase in the iPad. I will do so, however, it is odd that the Pro features are active on my iPhone without any additional purchase via my Apple ID.

Thanks,
    Larry

• Ben
    Options

Larry,

Thanks for the additional information. If both devices are signed into the Apple ID that was used to make the 1Password for iOS Pro features purchase, but the purchase is only showing on one of them, then you'd need to uninstall 1Password and reinstall it on the one where they are not appearing. If the app was installed with a different Apple ID than the one that was used to make the purchase the only way to restore the purchase to it is to uninstall/reinstall while logged into the correct Apple ID.

I outlined the instructions for doing the above in this post:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/271659/#Comment_271659

If you want to use the Pro features on two separate Apple IDs that would require two purchases.

I hope that helps clarify the situation! :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.