Extension in Chrome doesn't respond when clicked

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Chrome extension is visible but does nothing when clicked.

Comments

• sjsmith001
    sjsmith001
    Community Member
    Options

Im now having the same issue. I have install/removed/installed and rebooted for each.
    Using Command-\ does display the 1Password menu. Clicking the button does not.

my deets:
    1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
    Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
    chrome: 53.0.2785.113 m 64-bit
    OS Version: win 10 enterprise
    Sync Type: DropBox

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sjsmith001,

Sorry to hear the 1Password extension in Chrome doesn't respond when you click on it! It sounds similar to the problem from the previous discussion, but that customer was using a Mac (and that thread was on our Mac forum), so the issue and/or solution might be different. I've moved your message to a new thread on our Windows forum so our Windows experts will be sure to see it and help you to solve this.

I have install/removed/installed and rebooted for each.

Could you please elaborate on exactly what you uninstalled/installed/rebooted? I'm not sure if you're referring to just the 1Password extension, or if you also rebooted your computer, or what "for each" refers to. (And of course, if you haven't already done so, please make sure you remove & reinstall the 1Password extension, restart Chrome, reboot your computer.)

Do you have any other extensions in Chrome that might be interfering with the 1Password extension? If you disable all other extensions except for 1Password, does it work?

Thanks in advance! :)

• sbrozius
    sbrozius
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I have the same issue. CTRL + \ works, but not selecting 1password from the context-menu, nor the extension-button.
    I turned off other extensions.

I have this issue in both Chrome and Brave, but NOT in Internet Explorer 11.
    Seeing Brave is based on Chromium, that might be the common denominator.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @sbrozius,

While we are waiting for an answer from sjsmith001, could you please specify, do you use any kind of antivirus programs? Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg 8-)

• sbrozius
    sbrozius
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Greg, we use Sophos.
    The issue started today, btw, and has been working fine.

• sbrozius
    sbrozius
    Community Member
    Options

Addendum: web control is disabled

• sbrozius
    sbrozius
    Community Member
    Options

And with that (subtle) hint I wandered upon: https://support.1password.com/configure-sophos/
    After authorizing localhost it seems to work again...

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sbrozius: I planned to ask you to take a look at that article. :)
    Glad to hear you've got it sorted out! You should be all set now, but please reach out to us if you have any other questions in the future. Thanks in advance!

• sbrozius
    sbrozius
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm, problem is solved for Chrome, but not for Brave (which has 1password integration built-in).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sbrozius: Ah, thanks for the update. First, make sure Brave is full updated and restart Windows. Then you'll probably need to enable 1Password in Brave Settings > Security. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• sbrozius
    sbrozius
    Community Member
    Options

Alas, that does not do the trick.
    CTRL + \ gives me the menu, but it can't find entries in my vault, even though I know there should be. (Since the same site DOES work on Chrome with 1password).
    1password has been selected for a while now and has worked before....

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sbrozius: That's really odd, since it's working in Chrome. Unfortunately we don't have any control over what's happening in Brave, as there is no 1Password extension there — they've built it directly into the app, since there's no support for 3rd party extensions. Are you seeing the 1Password button in Brave? Which version is it reporting? Are you able to access logins for any site, either by going to different URLs or searching (you can just start typing when the menu is open)? Let me know!

• sjsmith001
    sjsmith001
    Community Member
    Options

Drew,
    I was installing the Chrome extension for 1Password, rebooting, removing/reinstalling and rebooting again. no luck.
    Im gong to have my IT guys look at Sophos--im locked out of the config. Im sure thats it. Ill report back.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, understood. Please let us know how it turns out! :)

• sjsmith001
    sjsmith001
    Community Member
    Options

Im working now. The Sophos fix mentioned here - https://support.1password.com/configure-sophos/ - worked.

• That's great, thanks for updating us here.

• sbrozius
    sbrozius
    Community Member
    Options

For me, the recent version of Brave seems to have fixed my issue. So I'm all good as of now ;-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yknow what? Thank you! I'm glad you mentioned that. I ran into the same issue because I am so used to Chrome and Firefox updating automatically. Glad it's working in Brave now — for both of us. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.